    GuitarMan Guest

    Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?

    TIA...
    GuitarMan, May 7, 2006

  2. GuitarMan

    Malke Guest

    GuitarMan wrote:

    > Any suggestions on a wireless dsl/router for a 2400 sq. ft. home?
    >
    > TIA...

    My house is 2500 sq. ft. The router is at one end of the house. I have
    no problem getting a wireless connection here at the other end of the
    house. I use a Linksys Wireless G.

    That said, wireless connectivity is always dependent on the construction
    of the physical space as well as interference from other devices such
    as cordless phones, microwaves etc.

    My house is a California ranch - all on one level. If yours is
    multi-story or your construction is very old with metal in the walls,
    get one of the Pre-N (also called MIMO) routers. I have a client (with
    a very large older home) who didn't get connectivity with the usual
    router. She replaced it with a Pre-N and now can get connectivity on
    the third floor.

    I don't think you should need anything special, but here is a link to
    MVP Jack's information about extending coverage:

    http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell