    Viewing message <>

    Date: 2004-11-08 19:27:27 PST
    largest size print from raw image ?
    i wrote
    >i got a nice group shot of my nephew and a few of his friends on the side
    >line
    >of there football game 2 weeks ago.
    > i would like to have it printed out the biggest size print possible where it
    >would still look good .
    >
    >as a full size raw image @ 16 bit the file size as a tiff is 38 mb , @ 8 bit
    >it
    >can be saved as 2-3 mb jpeg .
    >the link below is the jpeg down to 72 res .
    >
    >ive printed it out @ sams club as an 8x0 and it looks great .
    >
    >anyone recamend a place for big prints ? and way to go about it, send large
    >tiff on cd?
    >
    > constructive comments welcome on the picture
    >
    >http://public.fotki.com/IRISHGENE/team_picture/img_4678low_res_team_pic.html#
    >
    >thanks.
    >gene

    Message 5 in thread
    From: Savidge4 ()
    Subject: Re: largest size print from raw image ?

    wrote the challenge below

    Gene,

    I am so tired of hearing that you cant get good looking large images from 6 mp
    cameras. I am going to go ahead and put my money were my mouth is Heres the
    deal. I will give you a
    FREE 24x36 dye print from your Jpeg file. (I am assuming it is 2000x3000
    resolution roughly)

    All i need is your file e-mailed to me, and your address and I will send it out
    the next day for sure.

    In return for this I would like you to come back and post about the qualty..
    sound fair?

    Hope that Helps!

    it sure did !
    i sent him a 3.06 mb file of the shot taken in raw large format converted in 8
    bit mode and saved as a jpeg .
    shot was taken with the canon 10d , iso 1600 ,70-200 2.8l is
    i didn't do any editing at all to the image as it had a cool look about it,
    kids all dirty from the football game .
    ive seen more sharper pictures but this really captured the moment
    thats why i enquired about a larger print .

    the quality of the print is excellent , mr savidge done an excellent job and i
    want to do another poster size print of a much sharper image in the near
    future .
    if the quality of a sharp image holds up the way this 1600 iso print did he is
    tottaly right about making a nice large poster size print from a smaller file !

    he used the 42" HP Designjet 500 dye ink plotter. for the print .
    i am gratefull for the print and im going to have the kids sign it and get a
    nice frame made .
    in conclusion he made a claim and backed it up !

    gene
    REED BOXIN, Nov 18, 2004