    etc.) all I'm looking for is a 24"

    Could anyone recommend a good TV, or a decent brand ?
    Thanks

    Peter, Dec 29, 2004

  2. On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:30:30 -0500, "Peter" <>
    wrote:

    >Could anyone recommend a good TV, or a decent brand ?

    I've always found the color rendition on Panasonic sets very pleasant.
    Good reliability too. Toshiba is also a good one. These are the ones I'll
    be looking at first when I go for my widescreen TV soon. Samsung seems to
    offer good value, but I don't have a reliability history for them.

    I've always found Sony sets to have very unpleasant picture quality,
    begining in the Trinitron era and continuing through the WEGA sets.
    Naturally, 2764 people will now come along and say how wonderful Sony is.
    I still wouldn't buy one.

    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 120,000 groups
    Unlimited download

    Kimba W. Lion, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Peter

    Biz Guest

    "Kimba W. Lion" <kimbawlionATaolDOTcom@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:30:30 -0500, "Peter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Could anyone recommend a good TV, or a decent brand ?

    > I've always found the color rendition on Panasonic sets very pleasant.
    > Good reliability too. Toshiba is also a good one. These are the ones I'll
    > be looking at first when I go for my widescreen TV soon. Samsung seems to
    > offer good value, but I don't have a reliability history for them.
    >
    > I've always found Sony sets to have very unpleasant picture quality,
    > begining in the Trinitron era and continuing through the WEGA sets.
    > Naturally, 2764 people will now come along and say how wonderful Sony is.
    > I still wouldn't buy one.

    I think the picture was always too soft on the Trinitron tubes, and their
    longevity is absolutely crap. SO I guess I'm right there with you, I wont
    buy Sony tv's either. The only thing I would buy from Sony is some of their
    Sony ES gear, their regular HT stuff absolutely blows chunks.

    Biz, Dec 29, 2004
  4. Peter

    Galley Guest

    On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:30:30 -0500, "Peter" <> spewed
    forth these words of wisdom:

    >Hello
    >
    >I'm currently looking for a good 24" TV to display my DVD's nicely. Of
    >course a bigger TV would be nicer, but due to many reasons (Space, Finances
    >etc.) all I'm looking for is a 24"
    >
    >Could anyone recommend a good TV, or a decent brand ?
    >Thanks

    Toshiba 24" flat screen. I've got the 14" version. It has a crapload of
    inputs.

    Galley

    Galley, Dec 30, 2004