24 hour support messages

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by gbot, Aug 10, 2007.

  1. gbot

    gbot Guest

    HI
    I lost all the messages in 24 hour support [This group] prior to 8/8/07.
    just now today.
    all threads, before that date are GONE

    0 Dell inspron 8100
    1 Outlook express 6
    2 XP 2002 home edition.
    3 512 m memory
    4 20 gig hard drive [half full]
    5 un-subscribed and re-subscribed to 24 hour support group, a bunch of
    times no dice.
    6 Tried resting the whole list of groups, after about 75,000 groups were
    down loaded, OLexpress shuts down???

    Been having trouble with my NVIDIA geforce2 display driver, after
    installing windows XP-2002 home,
    seems like I got that fixed, but still shuts down occasionally, with
    error in NVIDIA, have down load drivers from dell.

    Do not know what else to tell you guys.
    Appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Gene
    gbot, Aug 10, 2007

  2. gbot wrote:
    > HI
    > I lost all the messages in 24 hour support [This group] prior to 8/8/07.
    > just now today.
    > all threads, before that date are GONE
    >
    > 0 Dell inspron 8100
    > 1 Outlook express 6
    > 2 XP 2002 home edition.
    > 3 512 m memory
    > 4 20 gig hard drive [half full]
    > 5 un-subscribed and re-subscribed to 24 hour support group, a bunch of
    > times no dice.
    > 6 Tried resting the whole list of groups, after about 75,000 groups were
    > down loaded, OLexpress shuts down???
    >
    > Been having trouble with my NVIDIA geforce2 display driver, after
    > installing windows XP-2002 home,
    > seems like I got that fixed, but still shuts down occasionally, with
    > error in NVIDIA, have down load drivers from dell.
    >
    > Do not know what else to tell you guys.

    Yeah, that's a common problem. Do you still have the box it came in?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 10, 2007

  3. gbot wrote:
    > HI
    > I lost all the messages in 24 hour support [This group] prior to 8/8/07.
    > just now today.
    > all threads, before that date are GONE

    Unsubscribe and resubscribe.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 10, 2007

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 10, 2007
  5. gbot wrote:
    > HI
    > I lost all the messages in 24 hour support [This group] prior to 8/8/07.
    > just now today.
    > all threads, before that date are GONE
    >
    > 0 Dell inspron 8100
    > 1 Outlook express 6
    > 2 XP 2002 home edition.
    > 3 512 m memory
    > 4 20 gig hard drive [half full]
    > 5 un-subscribed and re-subscribed to 24 hour support group, a bunch of
    > times no dice.
    > 6 Tried resting the whole list of groups, after about 75,000 groups were
    > down loaded, OLexpress shuts down???
    >
    > Been having trouble with my NVIDIA geforce2 display driver, after
    > installing windows XP-2002 home,
    > seems like I got that fixed, but still shuts down occasionally, with
    > error in NVIDIA, have down load drivers from dell.
    >
    > Do not know what else to tell you guys.
    > Appreciate any help.

    I'm sure there's some way to fix OE, but in reality you need to just
    dump OE in favor of a newsreader that can handle the job. I use
    Thunderbird, but XNews and Agent are very popular also. I take it that
    Dell's award winning support was no use as is the normal.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 10, 2007
  6. gbot

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, gbot
    <> wrote:

    > HI
    > I lost all the messages in 24 hour support [This group] prior to 8/8/07.
    > just now today.
    > all threads, before that date are GONE

    Sometimes an ISP does maintenance.
    GIve it a couple hours, huh?

    It's possible a problem at the server caused those messages to be lost
    completely, too.
    Mitch, Aug 10, 2007
  7. gbot

    sittingduck Guest

    gbot wrote:

    > HI
    > I lost all the messages in 24 hour support [This group] prior to 8/8/07.
    > just now today.
    > all threads, before that date are GONE

    If the server you are using still has the articles, you should be able to
    load them back into OE. Double click the group name to download headers. Go
    into options/read tab, and set how many headers you want it to get each time.
    (Default is 300)

    Do some research on how news servers and clients work. It will help you
    better understand what's involved.
    sittingduck, Aug 11, 2007