24 hour CompUSA sale

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    - Bobb -, Apr 25, 2009

  2. Barry Watzman, Apr 26, 2009

  3. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: 72 hour CompUSA sale

    Agreed, but they have stores that say CompUSA on them ( I've driven by them
    in FLA) - that's where they're having the sales.

    - Bobb -, Apr 26, 2009
  4. Re: 72 hour CompUSA sale

    I am unaware of the fact that they are operating any retail stores ....
    would like more information on that.

    Barry Watzman, Apr 26, 2009
  5. Re: 72 hour CompUSA sale

    > I am unaware of the fact that they are operating any retail stores ....
    > would like more information on that.
    >

    > - Bobb - wrote:
    >> Agreed, but they have stores that say CompUSA on them ( I've driven by
    >> them in FLA) - that's where they're having the sales.
    >>

    >> "Barry Watzman" <> wrote in message
    >>> CompUSA really no longer exists. TigerDirect bought the name and uses
    >>> it as an alternate ID.

    It appears that CompUSA does have some stores still open. See:
    http://www.compusa.com/retailstores/compusaStores/index.asp

    They closed them all up around here (Utah) a year ago.

    SCM
    Steve Midgley, Apr 27, 2009
  6. Re: 72 hour CompUSA sale

    CompUSA went out of business (COMPLETELY, I am quite certain). But
    TigerDirect bought the name and certain other assets. I was unaware
    that TigerDirect was running any retail stores (and I'm quite certain
    that these are being run by TigerDirect and not the "old" CompUSA (which
    was owned by Carlos Slim of Mexico)). Still, this is interesting.

    Barry Watzman, Apr 27, 2009
  7. - Bobb -

    BillW50 Guest

    Re: 72 hour CompUSA sale

    In news:UjaJl.90936$0%,
    Barry Watzman typed on Mon, 27 Apr 2009 00:15:44 -0400:
    > CompUSA went out of business (COMPLETELY, I am quite certain). But
    > TigerDirect bought the name and certain other assets. I was unaware
    > that TigerDirect was running any retail stores (and I'm quite certain
    > that these are being run by TigerDirect and not the "old" CompUSA
    > (which was owned by Carlos Slim of Mexico)). Still, this is
    > interesting.

    I know TigerDirect had at least one store in IL they opened up in around
    2003. They had offices in FL, but I don't know if they had any stores
    there or not. And there wasn't any other TigerDirect stores anywhere
    else that I ever knew about back then.

    --
    Bill
    Asus EEE PC 701G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
    BillW50, Apr 27, 2009
  8. - Bobb -

    Jerry Guest

    tigerdirect/compusa stores

    Jerry, Apr 28, 2009
  9. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Re: 72 hour CompUSA sale

    I know CompUSA went belly up, and since I'm from New England I'm not sure
    what these physical stores USED to be called, but these stores have
    traditional CompUSA signs etc. When driving by them I assumed that he kept
    the ones with largest margins. Around here there was often a Staples and
    Best Buy and a Circuit City as well as mom and pop computer stores, so I
    could see why they'd close ones near me. ( and why C City shortly thereater
    bit the dust)

    List of stores:
    http://www.compusa.com/retailstores/compusaStores/index.asp

    Occasionally I enter their online weekly contest to win an hp mini. No luck
    yet.
    http://www.compusa.com/winners/

    If you ARE near one, or just curious as I was, you can sign up to get weekly
    mailings.

    - Bobb -, Apr 28, 2009