24 hour CCTV programme for webcam

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sylvia, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. sylvia

    sylvia Guest

    Hi there
    I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
    programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam. The reason for
    this is because the kids from my neighbours are always playing football
    and bang on our window. it gets worse when summer its here as the
    children are out playing all the time. We have tried many different
    ways, tried to be nice to them, give them chocolate tell them not to do
    it etc, they still dont listen. We've been to the police but no one
    takes any notice as the main reason are they are children and we dont
    have any evidence. I really needed someone to help me with where can I
    find such a programme, it will be great if it can be free. If not as
    long as they are not too expensive I am willing to pay as well as the
    situation is getting worse and really, unacceptable. I cant even live
    peacefully at my own house without being disturb by others. All these
    has make me really stressful as I am doing my final year at uni as well
    and I just cant deal with this anymore.Thank you for your help and I
    hope to hear from someone soon.

    Regards

    Sylvia

    sylvia, Apr 16, 2006

    http://www.zoneminder.com/

    R.Daneel Olivaw, Apr 16, 2006

  3. sylvia

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 06:52:15 -0700, sylvia wrote:

    > Subject: 24 hour CCTV programme for webcam
    > From: "sylvia" <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Date: 16 Apr 2006 06:52:15 -0700
    >
    > Hi there
    > I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
    > programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam.

    Scroll down to the bottom and download Webcam Timershot. This might help
    you.

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006
  4. sylvia

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:35 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:

    > "sylvia" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there
    >> I wonder if anyone could please give me some advice / help. I needed a
    >> programme that is like 24 hour CCTV by using my webcam. The reason for
    >> this is because the kids from my neighbours are always playing football
    >> and bang on our window. it gets worse when summer its here as the
    >> children are out playing all the time. We have tried many different
    >> ways, tried to be nice to them, give them chocolate tell them not to do
    >> it etc, they still dont listen. We've been to the police but no one
    >> takes any notice as the main reason are they are children and we dont
    >> have any evidence. I really needed someone to help me with where can I
    >> find such a programme, it will be great if it can be free. If not as
    >> long as they are not too expensive I am willing to pay as well as the
    >> situation is getting worse and really, unacceptable. I cant even live
    >> peacefully at my own house without being disturb by others. All these
    >> has make me really stressful as I am doing my final year at uni as well
    >> and I just cant deal with this anymore.Thank you for your help and I
    >> hope to hear from someone soon.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Sylvia
    >>

    > http://www.zoneminder.com/

    Is there a port for Windows ?

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006
  5. "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:35 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    >
    >> "sylvia" <> wrote in message

    >> http://www.zoneminder.com/

    > Is there a port for Windows ?

    No that I have ever found no. Only the Linux Version. But it is a superb
    prog and its free - download one of the Live CD Versions - the latest is
    ZoneMinder LiveCD v1.21.3 - and you can turn an old PC into a fully fledged
    CCTV system - it can be up and running in 20 minutes or so.

    Please note to those of you that try it - if you boot from a Live CD on an
    XP system and then when the Live CD is up and running you choose the install
    option - it will erase your entire XP partition!!

    R.Daneel Olivaw, Apr 16, 2006
  6. sylvia

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:17:59 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:35 +0100, R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
    >>
    >>> "sylvia" <> wrote in message

    >>> http://www.zoneminder.com/

    >> Is there a port for Windows ?

    > No that I have ever found no. Only the Linux Version. But it is a superb
    > prog and its free - download one of the Live CD Versions - the latest is
    > ZoneMinder LiveCD v1.21.3 - and you can turn an old PC into a fully fledged
    > CCTV system - it can be up and running in 20 minutes or so.
    >
    > Please note to those of you that try it - if you boot from a Live CD on an
    > XP system and then when the Live CD is up and running you choose the install
    > option - it will erase your entire XP partition!!

    Ahh so it boots from a CD, well that's cool. But I think the OP was
    looking for a Windows solution. That Xp Power toy I suggested will take
    snapshots from your webcam at the inveral of your choice so that may be a
    viable solution.

    Meat Plow, Apr 16, 2006
  7. sylvia

    pcbutts1 Guest

    There are plenty of free stuff but when they don't work you have no support.
    Take a look at my demo site here http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm those
    are live shots. More info here, not free but well worth the price and it is
    just what you need. See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm and
    http://www.sharpvisioncctv.com .

    pcbutts1, Apr 16, 2006
  8. sylvia

    Dan Evans Guest

    "R.Daneel Olivaw" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.zoneminder.com/

    You've just pushed a project from "I'll get round to it" into beta. Thanks.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 16, 2006