    RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.

    Thanks

    Nunya, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Nunya

    Video Flyer Guest

    On 4/22/04 6:39 PM, in article ,
    "Nunya" <> wrote:

    > I have been trying to burn a DVD for a few days now. It stops at 22%
    > and will go no further. There is no error it just stops. I let it sit
    > for 5 hours the other day with no change. I am using a Emprex 8x DVD
    > RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    > Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    >

    > Thanks

    Bear in mind that I've never burned a DVD myself so this is just an idle
    thought: how much hard drive space do you have available at the moment?
    Perhaps it's not enough for all the temp files and what-not that the
    software needs to create in the process.

    Again, just a thought.

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Nunya

    Nunya Guest

    27 gigs

    Nunya, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Nunya

    wesley Guest

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:39:55 +0000, Nunya wrote:

    > I have been trying to burn a DVD for a few days now. It stops at 22%
    > and will go no further. There is no error it just stops. I let it sit
    > for 5 hours the other day with no change. I am using a Emprex 8x DVD
    > RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    > Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.

    Question #1 is have you successfully burned other DVDs or is this your
    first ever attempt?

    If other DVDs burn OK, then there is something about this image or set of
    files that is causing a problem. (You wouldn't by any chance be trying to
    copy an encrytped DVD, would you?)

    If you've never successfully burned a DVD, then there is probably
    something wrong with your setup. Could be lots of things from faulty
    hardware to a hardware conflict to a software configuration issue. Try the
    hardware manufacturers and software developers web sites. If it is a
    common problem, they'll often have a quick work-around.

    Suggestion - work with a DVD-RW disk until you get the burning results you
    want. Lot cheaper than making a couple dozen coasters while you figure
    things out.

    wesley, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Nunya

    Video Flyer Guest

    > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:20:16 GMT, Video Flyer <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/22/04 6:39 PM, in article ,
    >> "Nunya" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been trying to burn a DVD for a few days now. It stops at 22%
    >>> and will go no further. There is no error it just stops. I let it sit
    >>> for 5 hours the other day with no change. I am using a Emprex 8x DVD
    >>> RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    >>> Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks

    >> Bear in mind that I've never burned a DVD myself so this is just an idle
    >> thought: how much hard drive space do you have available at the moment?
    >> Perhaps it's not enough for all the temp files and what-not that the
    >> software needs to create in the process.
    >>
    >> Again, just a thought.
    >>
    >> Neal

    On 4/22/04 7:43 PM, in article ,
    "Nunya" <> wrote:

    > 27 gigs

    Well, I guess THAT wasn't it, then, huh? :)

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Nunya

    Nunya Guest

    thanks for the effort

    Nunya, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Nunya

    Nunya Guest

    First attempts.

    Nunya, Apr 23, 2004
  8. Nunya

    kay Guest

    "Nunya" <> wrote in message
    > I have been trying to burn a DVD for a few days now. It stops at 22%
    > and will go no further. There is no error it just stops. I let it sit
    > for 5 hours the other day with no change. I am using a Emprex 8x DVD
    > RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    > Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    >

    > Thanks

    Nero doesn't work 100% sometimes. Get Image Tool (Free) and burn it as an
    img.

    kay, Apr 23, 2004
  9. Nunya

    Frohike Guest

    "Nunya" <> wrote in message
    > I have been trying to burn a DVD for a few days now. It stops at 22%
    > and will go no further. There is no error it just stops. I let it sit
    > for 5 hours the other day with no change. I am using a Emprex 8x DVD
    > RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    > Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    >

    > Thanks

    What version Nero, version DVDShrink and media? Any antivirus or screensaver
    running while burning?

    Frohike, Apr 23, 2004
  10. Nunya

    wesley Guest

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:51:38 +0000, Nunya wrote:

    > First attempts.
    >

    > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:50:01 -0500, wesley <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:39:55 +0000, Nunya wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have been trying to burn a DVD for a few days now. It stops at 22%
    >>> and will go no further. There is no error it just stops. I let it sit
    >>> for 5 hours the other day with no change. I am using a Emprex 8x DVD
    >>> RW. I am using a windows xp machine p4 2.4g 512 ram. I am using DVD
    >>> Shrink and Nero. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
    >>>

    >>Question #1 is have you successfully burned other DVDs or is this your
    >>first ever attempt? <rest snipped for space>

    Given this is your first attempt, my guess is you may have a process
    running in the backround that is periodically interrupting the burning
    process. Microsoft and the various PC vendors just LOVE loading up
    machines with dozens of often near-worthless processes that can really
    interrupt CPU processing time, even on fast machines.

    Do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and open your task manager. Take a look at the
    processes running in the backround and watch it for five or ten
    minutes. See if anything is periodically grabbing processor time. You can
    do a google search on the name of that task if its function isn't obvious
    to you. Try shutting that process(es) down and try burning again and see
    if progress improves.

    If that doesn't cure things, sounds like you may have a hardware problem.
    DVD burners can sometimes be picky about which IDE channel they are on and
    whether they are master or slave.

    There is also an Intel Accelerator application that can improve some machines.

    Chech to see if DMA is turned on for the IDE drives.

    That should give you a little laundry list of things to check for starters.

    wesley, Apr 23, 2004