20hrs max per month

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 5, 2006.

  1. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 5, 2006

  2. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Scope Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > VoIP Stunt, SIP Discount etc, now state:-
    >
    > 100% Free*, no call set-up! Max 20hrs per month of free calls.

    Which should be enough for most people..

    On another note, they have added a new service now, Web-activated calls.
    Allows you to connect two phonecalls through the browser.. Nice if you
    are away from your phone, etc.

    Scope, May 5, 2006

  3. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    andy Guest

    Scope wrote:
    > On another note, they have added a new service now, Web-activated calls.
    > Allows you to connect two phonecalls through the browser.. Nice if you
    > are away from your phone, etc.

    I like the sound of that - maybe I'll have to sign up at last

    is there any sign of a wap version of the page?

    andy, May 5, 2006

  4. >> On another note, they have added a new service now, Web-activated calls.
    >> Allows you to connect two phonecalls through the browser.. Nice if you
    >> are away from your phone, etc.

    Where's that then I can't see it anywhere ??

    Stephen

    ¬Stephen Hammond, May 5, 2006
  5. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Scope Guest

    ¬Stephen Hammond wrote:
    >>> On another note, they have added a new service now, Web-activated calls.
    >>> Allows you to connect two phonecalls through the browser.. Nice if you
    >>> are away from your phone, etc.

    > Where's that then I can't see it anywhere ??
    >
    > Stephen

    Try to log in, you should see it in the new window containing your
    account details.

    Scope, May 5, 2006
  6. Thus spaketh Scope:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> VoIP Stunt, SIP Discount etc, now state:-
    >>
    >> 100% Free*, no call set-up! Max 20hrs per month of free calls.
    >>

    > Which should be enough for most people..

    They should have set the limit to at minimum 40 hours.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 5, 2006
  7. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Scope Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh Scope:
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>> VoIP Stunt, SIP Discount etc, now state:-
    >>>
    >>> 100% Free*, no call set-up! Max 20hrs per month of free calls.
    >>>

    >> Which should be enough for most people..
    >>

    > They should have set the limit to at minimum 40 hours.

    Atleast its not set to max 1 hour or something every day, I'd hate that
    - some days you ring more, others you ring less.

    Scope, May 5, 2006
  8. Thus spaketh Scope:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Thus spaketh Scope:

    >>> Which should be enough for most people..
    >>>

    >> They should have set the limit to at minimum 40 hours.
    >>

    > Atleast its not set to max 1 hour or something every day, I'd hate
    > that - some days you ring more, others you ring less.

    True.

    I wish they'd re-introduce there 1899 VoIP service, this time charging the
    same rates as you get from there landline offering via BT.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 5, 2006
  9. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    andy Guest

    Scope wrote:

    > Atleast its not set to max 1 hour or something every day, I'd hate that
    > - some days you ring more, others you ring less.

    If you connect two calls like this, does that count as double-time?
    Perhaps they haven't specified that yet.

    Does anyone know if all the Finarea companies have introduced this? I
    emailed one this afternoon, but you know what they're like for replies.

    And when you press connect, does the browser move to a different
    webpage address? - this can be a way to get a wap trigger from a
    mobile ...

    andy, May 5, 2006
  10. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Paul Cupis Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh Scope:
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>> VoIP Stunt, SIP Discount etc, now state:-
    >>> 100% Free*, no call set-up! Max 20hrs per month of free calls.

    >> Which should be enough for most people..

    > They should have set the limit to at minimum 40 hours.

    Why? So that they can lose more money more quickly?

    Paul Cupis, May 6, 2006
  11. Thus spaketh Paul Cupis:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Thus spaketh Scope:
    >>>
    >>> Which should be enough for most people..

    >> They should have set the limit to at minimum 40 hours.

    > Why? So that they can lose more money more quickly?

    So I don't have to pay for the calls I make over 20 hours. :D

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 6, 2006
  12. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Paul Cupis Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh Paul Cupis:
    >> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >>> Thus spaketh Scope:

    >>> They should have set the limit to at minimum 40 hours.

    >> Why? So that they can lose more money more quickly?

    > So I don't have to pay for the calls I make over 20 hours. :D

    Well perhaps they should give you all your calls for free. And pay off
    your mortgage. And but you a new car. Oh, and go bust.

    Paul Cupis, May 6, 2006
  13. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > > Thus spaketh Paul Cupis:

    > > > Why? So that they can lose more money more quickly?

    > > So I don't have to pay for the calls I make over 20
    > > hours. :D

    > Well perhaps they should give you all your calls for
    > free. And pay off your mortgage. And but you a new car.
    > Oh, and go bust.

    Sipgate do give me the vast majority of my calls free, they're to other
    VoIP users..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 6, 2006
  14. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > Sipgate do give me the vast majority of my calls free, they're to other
    > VoIP users..!

    Except that this thread is not about Sipgate.

    Paul Cupis, May 6, 2006
  15. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Sat, 06 May 2006 14:19:53 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    >Ivor Jones wrote:
    >> Sipgate do give me the vast majority of my calls free, they're to other
    >> VoIP users..!

    >Except that this thread is not about Sipgate.

    Thank you Paul Ivor does have to get Sipgate mentioned for all the
    wrong reasons when ever he can you never here him mention about what a
    crap service they provide though .

    , May 6, 2006
  16. Thus spaketh Paul Cupis:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    >> Thus spaketh Paul Cupis:

    >>> Why? So that they can lose more money more quickly?

    >> So I don't have to pay for the calls I make over 20 hours. :D

    > Well perhaps they should give you all your calls for free. And pay off
    > your mortgage. And but you a new car. Oh, and go bust.

    Yes that would be a kind thing to do, though I'd want them to buy be a
    couple of Villas too, before they go bust.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 6, 2006
  17. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Paul Cupis" <> wrote in message
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > Sipgate do give me the vast majority of my calls free,
    > > they're to other VoIP users..!

    > Except that this thread is not about Sipgate.

    True, but it is an example of a company being able to offer free calls
    without going broke.

    Oh dear, I see another Dexter comment below......

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 6, 2006
  18. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 06 May 2006 14:19:53 +0100, Paul Cupis
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Ivor Jones wrote:
    > > > Sipgate do give me the vast majority of my calls
    > > > free, they're to other VoIP users..!

    > > Except that this thread is not about Sipgate.

    > Thank you Paul Ivor does have to get Sipgate mentioned
    > for all the wrong reasons when ever he can you never here
    > him mention about what a crap service they provide though

    Perhaps because I don't receive a crap service..? As you are not a
    customer, how do you know what the service is *currently* like..?

    Apologies to all for the thread hijack, it was not intentional.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 6, 2006
  19. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Mark Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 06 May 2006 14:19:53 +0100, Paul Cupis
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Except that this thread is not about Sipgate.

    >> Thank you Paul Ivor does have to get Sipgate mentioned
    >> for all the wrong reasons when ever he can you never here
    >> him mention about what a crap service they provide though

    > Perhaps because I don't receive a crap service..? As you are not a
    > customer, how do you know what the service is *currently* like..?
    >
    > Apologies to all for the thread hijack, it was not intentional.
    >
    > Ivor

    I have to agree sipgate service it very reliable now ive been on the
    phone best part of the day to many different numbers having to sort out
    loads of stuff and have not had one dropped call or any other problems
    well worth the money if you ask me

    Mark, May 6, 2006
  20. {{{{{Welcome}}}}}

    Guest

    On Sat, 6 May 2006 17:43:26 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >True, but it is an example of a company being able to offer free calls
    >without going broke.

    Give them time Ivor give them Time .

    , May 6, 2006