20D MAKES A BIG SPLASH !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Well, land sharks, the new Canon 20D was a big hit in Maui last week and made
    quite a splash.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280355

    And speaking of tasty waves, here's a few you might wanna try hangin 10 on:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280349
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280356

    And if you decide to drive around the West Maui Mountains you better close that
    sunroof cause you might get conked with a falling rock. Note where they've
    landed in this pic.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35269798

    And be sure to watch out for hitchhikers.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280492

    And take it easy around those curves or you may end up in the Pacific Ocean.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280351

    Oh yeah, you'll see lots of birdies on Maui, even if you don't play golf.
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280352
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280353
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280354

    And of course, chicks dig modeling for the 20D!
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280357

    I'll have more later, including some awesome panos.
    Stay tuned!

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > Well, land sharks, the new Canon 20D was a big hit in Maui last week and made
    > quite a splash.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35280355

    <Spicolli> Whoa, gnarly, dude! </Spicolli>

    Matt Ion, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Annika1980

    GT40 Guest

    I don't see anything special in your photographic technique

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: GT40

    >I don't see anything special in your photographic technique

    Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
    pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
    5-0.

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004
  5. Annika1980

    GT40 Guest

    On 20 Oct 2004 14:14:57 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:

    >>From: GT40

    >>I don't see anything special in your photographic technique

    >Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
    >pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
    >5-0.

    I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
    expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
    make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
    issue.

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Bryce Guest

    6 years!

    WATCH OUT!!!!!

    Bryce, Oct 20, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    GT40 wrote:

    > On 20 Oct 2004 14:14:57 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:
    >

    >>>From: GT40

    >>>I don't see anything special in your photographic technique

    >>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
    >>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
    >>5-0.

    > I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
    > expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
    > make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
    > issue.

    The trick is to whistle Don Ho tunes for surf shots. The Hawaii Five-O
    theme is more appropriate for photos around civilization.

    (Beach Boys songs are also acceptable, although they'll give the pics a
    slight California flavor...)

    Matt Ion, Oct 20, 2004
  8. Annika1980

    Guest

    GT40 <> wrote:

    >>>I don't see anything special in your photographic technique

    >>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took

    all of those
    >>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme

    from Hawaii
    >>5-0.

    > I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
    > expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
    > make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
    > issue.

    Gee, I thought all professional photographers knew that their
    profession is 90% ego, puffery, balls, manic energy and other ways of
    just being a salesman. Things like talent, skill, pure luck (for
    wildlife, photojournalism and other dynamic areas) so forth are
    certainly useful, but hardly necessary for success in this realm.

    , Oct 20, 2004
  9. Annika1980

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Did he ask?

    Phil Wheeler, Oct 20, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    GT40 Guest

    On 20 Oct 2004 13:50:08 -0700, wrote:

    >>>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took

    >all of those
    >>>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme

    >from Hawaii
    >>>5-0.

    >> I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
    >> expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
    >> make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
    >> issue.

    >Gee, I thought all professional photographers knew that their
    >profession is 90% ego, puffery, balls, manic energy and other ways of
    >just being a salesman. Things like talent, skill, pure luck (for
    >wildlife, photojournalism and other dynamic areas) so forth are
    >certainly useful, but hardly necessary for success in this realm.

    Really? I guess you don't know much about professional photography
    the.

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    GT40 Guest

    Does it matter if he did, you dont post on an internet newsgroup and
    expect no comments.

    GT40, Oct 20, 2004
  12. Annika1980

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Guess that's true if a "professional" like you is hanging around.

    But I doubt if the post was made to attract denegrating comments with NO
    useful specfics nor suggestions.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Oct 20, 2004
  13. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >GT40 <> wrote:

    >> I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
    >> expericance as a professional photographer.

    >Gee, I thought all professional photographers knew that their
    >profession is 90% ego, puffery, balls, manic energy and other ways of
    >just being a salesman.

    I think he proved he qualifies on at least the first two counts.
    Of course, I got all of them.

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004
  14. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: Matt Ion

    >>>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of

    >those
    >>>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from

    >Hawaii
    >>>5-0.

    >The trick is to whistle Don Ho tunes for surf shots. The Hawaii Five-O
    >theme is more appropriate for photos around civilization.

    Don Ho and I share the same birthdate (with Ben Hogan, as well). However, I
    think The Ventures might be better for the surf shots.

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004
  15. Annika1980

    Skip M Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message

    > The trick is to whistle Don Ho tunes for surf shots. The Hawaii Five-O
    > theme is more appropriate for photos around civilization.
    >
    > (Beach Boys songs are also acceptable, although they'll give the pics a
    > slight California flavor...)

    Ah that explains it, I have been whistling Beach Boys and Dick Dale tunes,
    but I live in CA, so that's ok...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Oct 20, 2004
  16. (Annika1980) writes:

    >Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
    >pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
    >5-0.

    Is that an adaptation of the Ian Anderson school of flute playing?

    (Anderson was the singer/flautist of Jethro Tull).

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Oct 21, 2004
  17. Annika1980

    GT40 Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:17:52 +0000 (UTC), (Dave
    Martindale) wrote:

    > (Annika1980) writes:
    >
    >>Well you probably aren't advanced enough to notice it, but I took all of those
    >>pics barefoot, while standing on one leg and whistling the theme from Hawaii
    >>5-0.

    >Is that an adaptation of the Ian Anderson school of flute playing?
    >
    >(Anderson was the singer/flautist of Jethro Tull).

    Or the "crane position" from karate kid

    GT40, Oct 21, 2004
  18. Annika1980

    Gary Guest

    Not true! The Beach Boys WILL affect composition, stick with Don Ho.

    Gary, Oct 21, 2004
  19. Annika1980

    Skip M Guest

    Variation on a theme, I told the girl it was from the Ian Anderson School of
    Modeling...(caution, nude)

    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com/AtTheWindow.html

    Skip M, Oct 21, 2004
  20. Annika1980

    Matt Ion Guest

    GT40 wrote:

    >>all of those

    >>from Hawaii

    >>>I am far enough advanced to notice it, after at least 6 years
    >>>expericance as a professional photographer. I could tell you how to
    >>>make your images look better, and its mostly composition thats the
    >>>issue.

    >>Gee, I thought all professional photographers knew that their
    >>profession is 90% ego, puffery, balls, manic energy and other ways of
    >>just being a salesman. Things like talent, skill, pure luck (for
    >>wildlife, photojournalism and other dynamic areas) so forth are
    >>certainly useful, but hardly necessary for success in this realm.

    > Really? I guess you don't know much about professional photography
    > the.

    The only thing required to be a professional at anything is to make a
    living at it (as far as Canadian tax laws go, one is a "professional" at
    something once one makes 51% or more of one's income at that task).

    The ASSUMPTION is that a certain level of skill or expertise is required
    to maintain a living income at a certain job, but it certainly doesn't
    guarantee one is any better at doing anything except selling oneself.

    Matt Ion, Oct 21, 2004