20D GOES SOLAR !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Nov 4, 2004.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 4, 2004

  2. "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some
    > early
    > morning fog:
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204

    Again, that 400mm lens is remarkable.

    I've taken the plunge. Last night I ordered a Digital Rebel.

    Soon to be shooting the stars with a Canon...

    --
    Clear skies,

    Michael A. Covington
    www.covingtoninnovations.com/astromenu.html

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 5, 2004

  3. Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 5, 2004
  4. Annika1980

    P.R.Brady Guest

    Kevin McMurtrie wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > (Annika1980) wrote:
    >

    >>Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some early
    >>morning fog:
    >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
    >>
    >>And here's a strange one I took the other evening as I was driving up I-75:
    >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946205

    > Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

    look like sunspots to me. Nice shots but do be cautious over eye damage
    with shooting the sun!

    Phil

    P.R.Brady, Nov 5, 2004
  5. On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 23:14:39 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > (Annika1980) wrote:
    >
    >> Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some early
    >> morning fog:
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
    >>
    >> And here's a strange one I took the other evening as I was driving up I-75:
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946205

    >Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

    They are sunspots - take a look at today's image on
    www.spaceweather.com

    --
    Pete Lawrence
    http://www.digitalsky.org.uk

    Pete Lawrence, Nov 5, 2004
  6. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: Pete Lawrence

    >>> Well sun worshipers, here's one I took today, taking advantage of some

    >early
    >>> morning fog:
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204

    >>Hmm... Is it just me or are those spots always in the same place?

    >They are sunspots - take a look at today's image on
    >www.spaceweather.com

    Another Annika conspiracy theory bites the dust!

    Who Rules?

    Annika1980, Nov 5, 2004
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Michael A. Covington" ess

    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35946204
    >
    >Again, that 400mm lens is remarkable.
    >
    >I've taken the plunge. Last night I ordered a Digital Rebel.
    >
    >Soon to be shooting the stars with a Canon...

    Atta baby! Another Canon convert!
    Canon owes me another nickel.

    Btw, make sure you get some good glass to put on your new baby.
    Might even want to borrow or rent a 500mm or 600mm f/4. I wish I knew someone
    who had one.

    Annika1980, Nov 7, 2004

  8. >>I've taken the plunge. Last night I ordered a Digital Rebel.

    >>Soon to be shooting the stars with a Canon...

    > Atta baby! Another Canon convert!
    > Canon owes me another nickel.
    >
    > Btw, make sure you get some good glass to put on your new baby.
    > Might even want to borrow or rent a 500mm or 600mm f/4. I wish I knew
    > someone
    > who had one.

    For now, I'll be using a Nikon to EOS lens adapter with my Nikon 300/4 and
    180/2.8 (both ED IF AF). I'm aware the Canon lenses are alleged to be even
    better...

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 7, 2004

  9. > Btw, make sure you get some good glass to put on your new baby.
    > Might even want to borrow or rent a 500mm or 600mm f/4. I wish I knew
    > someone
    > who had one.

    There are 2 reasons I don't rent lenses for astrophotography.

    (1) Anything bigger than about a 300/4 is likely to be too heavy to
    piggyback on my 8-inch telescope. (I could try... it would require rigging
    up counterweights.)

    (2) Weather is unpredictable. There's maybe a 75% chance that if I pick a
    date in advance, I won't actually get to do astrophotography then.

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 7, 2004
  10. Annika1980

    Guest

    "Michael A. Covington" <>
    wrote:

    > There are 2 reasons I don't rent lenses for astrophotography.
    >
    > (1) Anything bigger than about a 300/4 is likely to be too heavy to
    > piggyback on my 8-inch telescope. (I could try... it would require rigging
    > up counterweights.)
    >
    > (2) Weather is unpredictable. There's maybe a 75% chance that if I pick a
    > date in advance, I won't actually get to do astrophotography then.

    (3) Never -- ever! -- rent, borrow, use, look through or perhaps even
    touch any optic that you can't afford to buy.

    , Nov 8, 2004
  11. Annika1980

    Guest

    Kibo informs me that stated that:

    >(3) Never -- ever! -- rent, borrow, use, look through or perhaps even
    >touch any optic that you can't afford to buy.

    Too true. I used an aquaintance's 70-200mm/F2.8L a while back, & I've
    been pining for one of my own ever since. I *used* to be perfectly happy
    with my primordial 100-300mm/F5.6L.

    *sigh* Maybe in about 6 months or so...

    On the bright side, at least I never got a chance to try out his new
    1DmkII...

    , Nov 19, 2004