    I am currently at 1.0.5.

    Cheers

    Lester

    Lester Wareham, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Lester Wareham

    C Wright Guest

    On 1/5/05 12:48 PM, in article 41dc367f$0$21319$,
    "Lester Wareham" <> wrote:

    > Has anyone had problems doing the firmware upgrade for the 20D to 1.1.0?
    >
    > I am currently at 1.0.5.
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > Lester

    No problems here!

    C Wright, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Lester Wareham

    Skip M Guest

    "C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message
    > On 1/5/05 12:48 PM, in article 41dc367f$0$21319$,
    > "Lester Wareham" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone had problems doing the firmware upgrade for the 20D to 1.1.0?
    >>
    >> I am currently at 1.0.5.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    >> Lester
    >>

    > No problems here!

    Have you seen any obvious difference in overall performance? IIRC, it's
    just supposed to fix the banding issue, which isn't an issue for me, and add
    a couple of languages to the mix. I didn't do the upgrade, since, by the
    description, it doesn't add anything to what I do. Should I have?

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Lester Wareham

    Jim Redelfs Guest

    In article <UMYCd.40186$8e5.30133@fed1read07>,
    "Skip M" <> wrote:

    > > No problems here!

    > Have you seen any obvious difference in overall performance? IIRC, it's
    > just supposed to fix the banding issue, which isn't an issue for me, and add
    > a couple of languages to the mix. I didn't do the upgrade, since, by the
    > description, it doesn't add anything to what I do.

    The day I got my 20D (Dec 9) I downloaded and installed updates to everything
    that came with the camera - including the camera - so I can't comment on any
    performance improvement.

    > Should I have?

    That's hard to say - until the NEXT firmware update (if any) is released. If
    Canon is true to form, you SHOULD be able to SKIP an interim update. If not,
    well...

    :)
    JR

    Jim Redelfs, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Lester Wareham

    C Wright Guest

    On 1/5/05 3:14 PM, in article UMYCd.40186$8e5.30133@fed1read07, "Skip M"
    <> wrote:

    > Have you seen any obvious difference in overall performance? IIRC, it's
    > just supposed to fix the banding issue, which isn't an issue for me, and add
    > a couple of languages to the mix. I didn't do the upgrade, since, by the
    > description, it doesn't add anything to what I do. Should I have?

    I ran 1.0.5 version for about 6 weeks before upgrading to 1.1 and quite
    frankly I do not see any improvement over 1.0.5 (I did not have any trouble
    with the banding issue either). At the same time I have not noticed any
    negatives to the 1.1 version. Last week, while running v. 1.1, my 20D got
    quite a workout doing indoor flash and available light plus a lot of outdoor
    work with no troubles what so ever.
    Chuck

    C Wright, Jan 6, 2005
  6. Lester Wareham

    Fitpix Guest

    > On 1/5/05 3:14 PM, in article UMYCd.40186$8e5.30133@fed1read07, "Skip M"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Have you seen any obvious difference in overall performance? IIRC, it's
    >> just supposed to fix the banding issue, which isn't an issue for me, and
    >> add
    >> a couple of languages to the mix. I didn't do the upgrade, since, by the
    >> description, it doesn't add anything to what I do. Should I have?

    > I ran 1.0.5 version for about 6 weeks before upgrading to 1.1 and quite
    > frankly I do not see any improvement over 1.0.5 (I did not have any
    > trouble
    > with the banding issue either). At the same time I have not noticed any
    > negatives to the 1.1 version. Last week, while running v. 1.1, my 20D got
    > quite a workout doing indoor flash and available light plus a lot of
    > outdoor
    > work with no troubles what so ever.
    > Chuck

    I may give this upgrade a try......only banding I get is LONG IR exposures
    at high ISO (45 plus seconds at 800-3200)

    Fitpix, Jan 6, 2005
  7. Lester Wareham

    Musty Guest

    "Lester Wareham" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone had problems doing the firmware upgrade for the 20D to 1.1.0?
    >
    > I am currently at 1.0.5.
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > Lester

    Did it. Worked like a charm. Just make sure to have the lens removed for
    this one.

    Musty, Jan 6, 2005
  8. Lester Wareham

    Skip M Guest

    "C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message
    > On 1/5/05 3:14 PM, in article UMYCd.40186$8e5.30133@fed1read07, "Skip M"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> Have you seen any obvious difference in overall performance? IIRC, it's
    >> just supposed to fix the banding issue, which isn't an issue for me, and
    >> add
    >> a couple of languages to the mix. I didn't do the upgrade, since, by the
    >> description, it doesn't add anything to what I do. Should I have?

    > I ran 1.0.5 version for about 6 weeks before upgrading to 1.1 and quite
    > frankly I do not see any improvement over 1.0.5 (I did not have any
    > trouble
    > with the banding issue either). At the same time I have not noticed any
    > negatives to the 1.1 version. Last week, while running v. 1.1, my 20D got
    > quite a workout doing indoor flash and available light plus a lot of
    > outdoor
    > work with no troubles what so ever.
    > Chuck

    Just wondering, because at the last wedding we shot, my wife's 20D had about
    6 lockups of the full-on-take-the-battery-out-and-reboot type, not just your
    garden variety off-and-on or Err99 type. We're running the 1.0.5 firmware.

    Skip M, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Lester Wareham

    Capture Boy Guest

    "Musty" <> wrote in message

    > "Lester Wareham" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone had problems doing the firmware upgrade for the 20D to 1.1.0?
    >>
    >> I am currently at 1.0.5.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>

    >> Lester
    >>

    > Did it. Worked like a charm. Just make sure to have the lens removed for
    > this one.

    Providing you follow the instructions with the update there should be no
    problems, I've updated mine and had no issues with it.

    Capture Boy, Jan 6, 2005
  10. Lester Wareham

    C Wright Guest

    On 1/5/05 10:14 PM, in article aW2Dd.40712$8e5.22423@fed1read07, "Skip M"
    <> wrote:

    > "C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message
    >> On 1/5/05 3:14 PM, in article UMYCd.40186$8e5.30133@fed1read07, "Skip M"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Have you seen any obvious difference in overall performance? IIRC, it's
    >>> just supposed to fix the banding issue, which isn't an issue for me, and
    >>> add
    >>> a couple of languages to the mix. I didn't do the upgrade, since, by the
    >>> description, it doesn't add anything to what I do. Should I have?

    >> I ran 1.0.5 version for about 6 weeks before upgrading to 1.1 and quite
    >> frankly I do not see any improvement over 1.0.5 (I did not have any
    >> trouble
    >> with the banding issue either). At the same time I have not noticed any
    >> negatives to the 1.1 version. Last week, while running v. 1.1, my 20D got
    >> quite a workout doing indoor flash and available light plus a lot of
    >> outdoor
    >> work with no troubles what so ever.
    >> Chuck
    >>

    > Just wondering, because at the last wedding we shot, my wife's 20D had about
    > 6 lockups of the full-on-take-the-battery-out-and-reboot type, not just your
    > garden variety off-and-on or Err99 type. We're running the 1.0.5 firmware.

    I have had no issues with that problem with either 1.0.5 or 1.1.0. I thought
    1.0.5 was supposed to fix that one? I always try to remember to turn my
    camera off when changing lenses - don't know if that would have anything to
    do with your wife's problem or not.
    Chuck

    C Wright, Jan 6, 2005
  11. "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > Just wondering, because at the last wedding we shot, my wife's 20D
    > had about 6 lockups of the full-on-take-the-battery-out-and-
    > reboot type, not just your garden variety off-and-on or Err99 type.
    > We're running the 1.0.5 firmware.

    With or without battery grip?

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 6, 2005
  12. Lester Wareham

    Alan Guest

    Worked fine for me.

    Alan, Jan 6, 2005
  13. Lester Wareham

    Larry Guest

    Mine came with 1.0.5 and I upgraded to 1.1.0. with no issues. I try to
    prepare for it though: Print out the instructions and followed them closely.
    A little soft music in the background doesn't hurt a thing either ;-). Been
    running with 1.1. for about 4 weeks and haven't had any lockups or err codes
    either. I love this camera!!

    Larry

    Larry, Jan 6, 2005
  14. Lester Wareham

    > On 1/5/05 10:14 PM, in article aW2Dd.40712$8e5.22423@fed1read07, "Skip M"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message

    >>> I ran 1.0.5 version for about 6 weeks before upgrading to 1.1 and quite
    >>> frankly I do not see any improvement over 1.0.5 (I did not have any
    >>> trouble
    >>> with the banding issue either). At the same time I have not noticed any
    >>> negatives to the 1.1 version. Last week, while running v. 1.1, my 20D
    >>> got
    >>> quite a workout doing indoor flash and available light plus a lot of
    >>> outdoor
    >>> work with no troubles what so ever.
    >>> Chuck
    >>>

    >> Just wondering, because at the last wedding we shot, my wife's 20D had
    >> about
    >> 6 lockups of the full-on-take-the-battery-out-and-reboot type, not just
    >> your
    >> garden variety off-and-on or Err99 type. We're running the 1.0.5
    >> firmware.

    > I have had no issues with that problem with either 1.0.5 or 1.1.0. I
    > thought
    > 1.0.5 was supposed to fix that one? I always try to remember to turn my
    > camera off when changing lenses - don't know if that would have anything
    > do with your wife's problem or not.
    > Chuck

    I thought it was supposed to fix it, too. And she wasn't changing lenses at
    all, kept the same lens on all day. Although I can't imagine why not
    turning it off when changing lenses would affect it, it's never affected any
    other camera I've ever used.

    Skip M, Jan 7, 2005
  15. Lester Wareham

    Skip M Guest

    "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in message

    > "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    >> Just wondering, because at the last wedding we shot, my wife's 20D had
    >> about 6 lockups of the full-on-take-the-battery-out-and-
    >> reboot type, not just your garden variety off-and-on or Err99 type.
    >> We're running the 1.0.5 firmware.

    > With or without battery grip?
    >
    > Bart

    Without. Mine has the grip, I was changing lenses without turning the
    camera off, using Sigma, Tokina and Canon lenses, big Quantum flash on a
    bracket, in other words, doing all the things that are supposed to generate
    lockups, and avoiding them. She shoots all day with the same Canon 28-135
    IS lens, no grip, fresh battery, had 6 lockups in the first 45 minutes of a
    1 1/2 hour wedding mass.

    Skip M, Jan 7, 2005