    So apparently, the US government is finally getting away from the catchall
    term of "African American". As I've said before, not all blacks are from
    Africa so that should not be applied to them.
    richard, Mar 23, 2010

  2. richard

    exntluser Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:xxde19opkeew$.18glfufggbrsk$...
    >A couple of guys were roaming the campground today. Eventually one of them
    > got to me and found out he was taking a head count for the US census.
    >
    > When asked which "race" I was, I said, "Martian".
    > On the paper he gave me I noted the various races listed.
    > One box had 3 types, "Black, African American, Negroe".
    > So apparently, the US government is finally getting away from the catchall
    > term of "African American". As I've said before, not all blacks are from
    > Africa so that should not be applied to them.

    ....and not all c***s are from Scunthorpe....
    exntluser, Mar 23, 2010

  3. richard <> via

    > A couple of guys were roaming the campground today.
    > Eventually one of them got to me and found out he
    > was taking a head count for the US census.
    >
    > When asked which "race" I was, I said, "Martian".

    Because they left out "St00pid"?????

    I'm gonna put "NASCAR" in "Other".

    > On the paper he gave me I noted the various races listed.
    > One box had 3 types, "Black, African American, Negroe".

    Yeah, they don't even list "Nubian" anymore. WTF?
    Do they want an accurate count or what?

    > So apparently, the US government is finally getting
    > away from the catchall term of "African American".
    > As I've said before, not all blacks are from Africa
    > so that should not be applied to them.

    You can't mess with the Census too much, because they'll
    send peoples over to your house. And then they'll send
    the US Marshalls. And then they'll haul you off under
    the Patriot Act. Obama needs to know if you're hiding
    assets so he can pay for the Welfare Health Care Reformation
    of America into Death Camps for everybody who has genectic
    defects, congenital disorders, and poopy-pants...

    Good luck with that, and *YOU* *KNOW* *WHO* *YOU* *ARE* !!!

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ; and *NO*,
    that is NOT a Jedi light-sabre in my pocket;

    Repent! The end is near....
    So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    Bucky Breeder, Mar 23, 2010
  4. Evan Platt <> via

    > On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:38:29 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>So apparently, the US government is finally getting away from the
    >>catchall term of "African American". As I've said before, not all blacks
    >>are from Africa so that should not be applied to them.

    > Gotta love how st00pid always tries to make it sound like he's
    > responsible or should be given credit for some big earth changing
    > shit... "After I was booted out of the military for <cough cough> my
    > back problem, my friend, an attorney, made the government change this
    > and that."
    >
    > "Quite a while ago, I called up a guy by the name of John Kennedy, and
    > I said "Hey, you should run for President!"

    Well, my daddy voted for him, and so he did win. Just FYI...

    Oh man, the terrible tragedy is that some irrational kook
    actually got loosed and killed him before his work was done.
    <genuine sadness for a moment...>

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 23, 2010
  5. richard

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > A couple of guys were roaming the campground today. Eventually one of

    them
    > got to me and found out he was taking a head count for the US census.
    >
    > When asked which "race" I was, I said, "Martian".
    > On the paper he gave me I noted the various races listed.
    > One box had 3 types, "Black, African American, Negroe".
    > So apparently, the US government is finally getting away from the

    catchall
    > term of "African American". As I've said before, not all blacks are

    from
    > Africa so that should not be applied to them.

    In the spirit of a divided America I put German-Scotch-Irish-English
    American. <G>

    --
    We have met the enemy and he is us-- Pogo

    Anyolmouse
    Anyolmouse, Mar 23, 2010
  6. richard

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:30:13 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:

    > Scotch

    Is an alcoholic drink. 'Scottish' or 'Scots' are a people.

    Aardvark, Mar 23, 2010
  7. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-03-23, richard <> wrote:
    > A couple of guys were roaming the campground today. Eventually one of them
    > got to me and found out he was taking a head count for the US census.
    >
    > When asked which "race" I was, I said, "Martian".
    > On the paper he gave me I noted the various races listed.
    > One box had 3 types, "Black, African American, Negroe".
    > So apparently, the US government is finally getting away from the catchall
    > term of "African American". As I've said before, not all blacks are from
    > Africa so that should not be applied to them.

    Are there tick-boxes for 'European American' 'Asian American' and
    'American American'? Presumably anyone born in the Americas should really
    be in the last category.

    If skin colour is significant, should the surveyors be equipped with a
    standard colour-chart?

    The question in question is discussed here
    <http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/archives/006124.html>.

    The corresponding quesion proposed for the next British census (in 2011)
    is on page 3 of this PDF
    <http://www.ons.gov.uk/census/2011-census/consultations/user-adv-groups/cen
    sus-adv-groups/quest-sel-and-test/dev-eth-id-lan-rel-quest.pdf> or
    <http://xrl.us/bg2kvg> for short. Notice the use of the term "ethnicity"
    which I think is better than "race", although "black" and "white" are
    apparently ethnicities as well as colours now ... but at least there's a
    set of options for "Mixed / Multiple ethnic groups", and places for
    describing yourself if you don't like any of the printed descriptions.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 23, 2010
  8. richard

    Anyolmouse Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:30:13 -0600, Anyolmouse wrote:
    >
    > > Scotch

    > Is an alcoholic drink. 'Scottish' or 'Scots' are a people.
    >

    > --
    > Top posting because your cursor happens to be there is like shitting

    in
    > your pants because that's where your asshole happens to be.

    Hic! Scotch is correct. 1.75 liter per week on average.

    Anyolmouse, Mar 23, 2010