2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by larryinaz, Feb 1, 2008.

  1. larryinaz

    larryinaz Guest

    2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with Windows
    Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

    I have deleted all of the old 2007 and new 2008 Trend Micro Internet
    Security virus software from my computer, because of the multiple
    alert messages, that I was having with their new 2008 upgraded
    software.

    If the Trend Micro Personal Firewall and the Unauthorized Changes
    Prevention features main components do not work with the new service
    packs from Microsoft, why are they still selling this non-working
    software to the public?

    Also, I don't want to wait until sometime in February 2008, for them
    to released a "working" version of their Trend Micro Internet
    Security, that is compatible with Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP
    SP3. I don't want to remove any new Microsoft service packs, or
    uninstall the 2008 Trend Micro program installed in my computer and
    re-
    install the PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 back into my computer,
    and wait again.... until the release of their new 2008 working
    version.

    I was receiving these error messages: Trend Micro Internet Security
    Message: Your Unauthorized Change Prevention Service has shut down.
    Try restarting Trend Micro Internet Security to restore Your
    Unauthorized Change Prevention Service. If the problem persists,
    please restart your computer. If you continue to receive this warning,
    please contact Technical Support.

    I keep getting this "Alert" message: "Alert Message: Trend Micro
    Internet Security. Unable to recognize the software configuration.
    Restart your computer to restore the missing information. If the
    problem persists, please contact technical support."

    I have been working on their error alert messages and replies, since
    12/24/07. After eight or more emails back and forth....and multiple
    number of lines of their instructions, that's it!! I do not want to
    screw up my computer, I do not want more messages, screen shots,
    replies, deletes, uninstalls and then reinstalling any more files...in
    my computer, hard drive or registry.

    I asked Trend Micro, that I want a refund ($40.45) for this
    subscription.

    They replied:
    I am sorry to inform you, but we can no longer refund the Trend Micro
    program that you have purchased from us. Refund application should be
    requested within 30 days from the date of purchase. Refunds after 30
    days are given in a case to case basis. This is after the all attempts
    to fix the issue failed and the case has been forwarded to the Level 2
    support.

    Please provide us with the following so that we can forward this to
    the Level 2 support

    In order for us to have a detailed picture of the problem, please
    include in your reply, screen shot(s) of the message(s)/
    notification(s).
    Continued.....more@#$%^&
    Product: Trend Micro Internet Security - 2008, Trend Micro Internet
    Security Pro - 2008, Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware - 2008
    Operating System: Windows XP - SP2, Windows Vista
    Published:12/20/07 1:38 PM

    Solution:
    This error will appear if you have installed the 16.05 version of
    Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, Trend Micro Internet Security and
    Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 on a computer running
    Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or Window XP with Service Pack 3.

    The Trend Micro Personal Firewall and the Unauthorized Changes
    Prevention features main components do not work with the new service
    packs from Microsoft.

    A working version of Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, Trend Micro
    Internet Security and Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 with
    Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3 would be released sometime in
    February 2008.

    The release would be timed before Microsoft uploads the new service
    packs in their automatic update servers for Windows.

    To prevent this message from appearing, follow the steps indicated
    below:
    a.Check the program version of the Trend Micro program installed on
    your computer.
    b.If you are using version 16.05 and you want to continue using this
    latest version of the Trend Micro program, you must uninstall the non-
    working service pack from Microsoft.
    c.If you do not want to remove the new Microsoft service packs, Trend
    Micro suggests that you uninstall the Trend Micro program installed in
    your computer and install PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 until the
    release of the working version.
    source:
    http://esupport.trendmicro.com/support/viewxml.do?ContentID=EN-1036680&id=EN-1036680
    larryinaz, Feb 1, 2008

  2. larryinaz

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Re: 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

    larryinaz <> wrote in

    > 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with Windows
    > Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

    [edited for brevity]

    Currently Vista SP1 and XP SP3 are in beta. There is no guarantee that a
    commercial product will work with beta software. I anticipate that Trend
    Micro will address these issues before these products reach are released to
    the general public.

    The purpose of beta software is to uncover problems such as these and
    rectify them before the product is generally available.
    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 1, 2008