2008 Picture-GALLERY-Wellington New Zealand

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DONOTREPLY, Jan 1, 2008.

  1. DONOTREPLY

    DONOTREPLY Guest

    DONOTREPLY, Jan 1, 2008

  2. DONOTREPLY

    Rob S Guest

    DONOTREPLY wrote:
    > http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    >
    > Want to see a bustling commercial metropole DEVOID of people?
    >
    > Welligton, Christmas Day.. NOBODY THERE!!!
    >
    > Picture Gallery:
    > http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    >
    > Happy New Year!!

    It's normal for Wellington to de-populate over the silly season, but not
    to that extent. You didn't say what time of day you took those pics, but
    I've seen similar empty streets in Auckland, including Queen St, at 6am
    on Christmas day.

    --

    Rob
    http://www.aspir8or.com

    I feel like a genocidal maniac when emacs asks me if I want to kill
    10789 characters.

    Rob S, Jan 1, 2008

  3. On Jan 1, 11:55 am, DONOTREPLY <> wrote:
    > http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    >
    > Want to see a bustling commercial metropole DEVOID of people?
    >
    > Welligton, Christmas Day.. NOBODY THERE!!!
    >
    > Picture Gallery:http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    >
    > Happy New Year!!

    This is why I like to go to the city centre during Xmas day -- there
    are no people ! And I love it ! (I usually go to the Chinatown to have
    some food.)

    Beladi Nasrallah, Jan 1, 2008
  4. DONOTREPLY

    DONOTREPLY Guest

    > >http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    > > Want to see a bustling commercial metropole DEVOID of people?
    > > Welligton, Christmas Day.. NOBODY THERE!!!
    > > Picture Gallery:
    > >http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    > > Happy New Year!!

    > It's normal for Wellington to de-populate over the silly season, but not
    > to that extent. You didn't say what time of day you took those pics, but
    > I've seen similar empty streets in Auckland, including Queen St, at 6am
    > on Christmas day.

    the picture-filenames include the time.. it was almost 10am !!!

    BTW: here are a few pictures from the New Year celebration 2001 at
    Courtney Place.
    http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200101_new_year_wgtn/

    ;-)

    DONOTREPLY, Jan 1, 2008
  5. DONOTREPLY

    Paul Bartram Guest

    Paul Bartram, Jan 1, 2008
  6. DONOTREPLY

    Bobs Guest

    DONOTREPLY wrote:
    > http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    >
    > Want to see a bustling commercial metropole DEVOID of people?
    >
    > Welligton, Christmas Day.. NOBODY THERE!!!
    >
    > Picture Gallery:
    > http://y23stockpic.free.fr/200712-wgtn-xmas/
    >
    > Happy New Year!!

    I couldn't think of anything worse than walking around a dreary arse
    Wellington on xmas day taking photos of nothing. Did you go to their
    fake beach while you're there?

    Bobs, Jan 1, 2008