2008 LOVES THE 40D!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jan 1, 2008.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jan 1, 2008

  2. Annika1980 wrote:

    > OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
    > Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

    What's with all the cropping noise and sever lack of detail? You gotta
    learn to zoom with your feet! You really gotta!!!

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Jan 1, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Guest

    On Jan 1, 5:44 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
    > Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

    Awesome shot of a woodpecker. Looks like a young one. Great detail
    on his feathers. Colors are very true and I like how he's looking
    right at you. Lovely work Bret!
    Helen

    , Jan 1, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Phil Guest

    On Jan 1, 5:58 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    > > OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
    > > Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/91072212/original

    > What's with all the cropping noise and sever lack of detail?  You gotta
    > learn to zoom with your feet!  You really gotta!!!
    >
    > Rita

    It will be interesting when you guys start making images that have
    less to do with "equipment fetishes" and more to do with interesting
    and meaningful photography. Sharpness, noise, bokeh, yellow sport
    cars, floating shoes, "best" equipment. Too many distractions.

    -p

    Phil, Jan 2, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    Scott W Guest

    On Jan 1, 3:04 pm, Phil <> wrote:

    > It will be interesting when you guys start making images that have
    > less to do with "equipment fetishes" and more to do with interesting
    > and meaningful photography. Sharpness, noise, bokeh, yellow sport
    > cars, floating shoes, "best" equipment. Too many distractions.

    Nonsense, even shots that are of subject of little interest show what
    a given piece of gear can do under different conditions.

    What might be meaningful photographs to you might, and likely would,
    be boring to me. But a piece of great, camera or lens or what having
    you that either works or does not work for someone else tells me a
    lot.

    In my mind the worthless photographer on this group are the ones
    willing to tell us all how it should be done and with what gear, but
    never show an image. BTW I might have missed it but do you have
    images to view?

    Scott

    Scott W, Jan 2, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    Phil Guest

    On Jan 1, 9:23 pm, Scott W <> wrote:
    > On Jan 1, 3:04 pm, Phil <> wrote:
    >
    > > It will be interesting when you guys start making images that have
    > > less to do with "equipment fetishes" and more to do with interesting
    > > and meaningful photography. Sharpness, noise, bokeh, yellow sport
    > > cars, floating shoes, "best" equipment. Too many distractions.

    >  Nonsense, even shots that are of subject of little interest show what
    > a given piece of gear can do under different conditions.
    >
    > What might be meaningful photographs to you might, and likely would,
    > be boring to me.  But a piece of great, camera or lens or what having
    > you that either works or does not work for someone else tells me a
    > lot.
    >
    > In my mind the worthless photographer on this group are the ones
    > willing to tell us all how it should be done and with what gear, but
    > never show an image.  BTW I might have missed it but do you have
    > images to view?
    >
    > Scott

    You're begging the question Scott. What you may or may not have missed
    of mine has nothing to do with my point. Some of the greatest photos
    in the world have been taken with the crudest of equipment while some
    of the worst or, more prevelant mediocre, have been pumped out with
    the aid of high-tech science. If you need the best of equipment to
    make your photo statement, that's fine. No need to be defensive, I'm
    only offering one point of view. Nothing to get uspset over, my
    opinion, like a pixel, is just one in a milion.

    Phil, Jan 2, 2008
  7. ? "Annika1980" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
    > Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.

    excellent photo, Bret!Bravo!

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jan 2, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Allen Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    > ? "Annika1980" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >> OK, sports fans, it's a new year so let's get this show on the road.
    >> Here's one from this morning taken from my driveway.
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/91072212/original

    > excellent photo, Bret!Bravo!
    >

    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > hordad AT otenet DOT gr

    Great picture Brett. I love all woodpeckers, and it is very, very seldom
    that one sees a photo of any species with its tongue sticking out.
    Allen

    Allen, Jan 2, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jan 2, 1:33 pm, Allen <> wrote:

    > >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/91072212/original

    > Great picture Brett. I love all woodpeckers, and it is very, very seldom
    > that one sees a photo of any species with its tongue sticking out.

    That's because you gotta be quick. Hummers and herons are the only
    other birds I've photographed with tongues sticking out. Do you think
    they're mocking me?

    Annika1980, Jan 2, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    Walter Banks Guest

    A vet friend of mine was at our house new years eve and
    was telling us about wood pecker tongues. The end is
    hard almost barbed and very long up to 5 or 6 inches for a
    harry woodpecker.

    Over the holidays a female Pileated woodpecker has discovered
    suet feeders in our yard. While she has been around she has
    been doing tree maintenance :)

    w..

    Walter Banks, Jan 2, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Eric Miller Guest

    > Do you think
    > they're mocking me?

    Do you stick your tongue out at the bird before taking the photo?

    Eric Miller
    www.dyesscreek.com

    Eric Miller, Jan 3, 2008