    C partition has the win xp os and D partition is just for data. I read
    goback don't work for dynamic disk but mine is basic disk. And ideas?

    TIA
    Frank, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Frank

    ñKs Guest

    Why use the gocrap junk?

    "Frank" <> wrote in message
    news:a3vRb.36199$U%5.211965@attbi_s03...
    > My 40gb disk, single partition fat 32, with windows xp home upgrade was

    too
    > small so it was replaced with a 120gb disk. This 120gb disk was formated
    > with two 60gb partitions, basic disk (not dynamic), NTFS. I used western
    > digital data lifeguard for the partition as well as transfering all the
    > files including the win xp os. Pretty cool since no need to reinstall
    > everything. The 40 gb was removed. So now I have one 120gb drive and one

    DVD
    > burner. Everything works fine except trying to install norton goback. I

    have
    > the following message during goback installation:
    >
    > "Norton GoBack is unable to determine which of your hard drives is the

    boot

    ñKs, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Frank

    Frank Wong Guest

    It came with 2004 Norton Systemworks and besides I had 2003 GoBack on another
    machine and saved my butt many, many times. You have something better?

    Frank Wong, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Frank

    ñKs Guest

    Yeh, the system restore built into XP...

    ñKs, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Frank

    BIG NIGE Guest

    2 things
    Why not use 40gb drive as well as 120gb
    If you were previously fat32 single partition with XP you must have lost 8gb
    of the drive as 32gb is the max XP can use in a single partition in Fat32
    !!!!!

    BIG NIGE, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Frank

    Kráftéé Guest

    BIG NIGE wrote:
    > 2 things
    > Why not use 40gb drive as well as 120gb
    > If you were previously fat32 single partition with XP you must have
    > lost 8gb of the drive as 32gb is the max XP can use in a single
    > partition in Fat32 !!!!!

    Don't tell my other machine, it's got a 60gig & a 80gig HD on it, both hard
    drives have a single FAT32 partition & both hard drives are properly/fully
    used & I've just remembered this ones got a 120gig HD, one FAT32 partition
    (there were reasons at the time) , fully recognised as well..

    Think your information is either completely wrong or vastly out of date I'm
    afraid...
    Kráftéé, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Frank

    Frank Guest

    The 40gb is sick, power down unexpectly. It was under win98 and then
    upgraded to xp.

    Frank, Jan 28, 2004
  8. Frank

    Frank Guest

    can't use restore if xp don't boot but goback could.

    Frank, Jan 28, 2004
  9. Frank

    ñKs Guest

    Did you disable xp's system restore?

    ñKs, Jan 28, 2004
  10. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Problem solved. It turn out Norton didn't like cable select jumper on the WD
    hard disk and goback installed when jumper set to master only. Strange.
    Didn't have this problem on my other machines but this is the only one
    formatted and partitioned with WD Data Lifeguard.

    Frank, Jan 28, 2004
  11. Frank

    Patrick Guest

    BIG NIGE wrote:
    > 2 things
    > Why not use 40gb drive as well as 120gb
    > If you were previously fat32 single partition with XP you must have
    > lost 8gb of the drive as 32gb is the max XP can use in a single
    > partition in Fat32 !!!!!

    32GB is the max that XP can *create*, it can *use* a larger partition
    (created with W98 say).

    Patrick, Jan 28, 2004
  12. Frank

    Win Guest

    Ive been looking fore that info for ages, well thinking I needed to know it
    thanks
    Will XP run stabablhy on a fat 32 drive of more than 32 gigs ??????????????

    Win, Jan 28, 2004
  13. Frank

    Patrick Guest

    Win wrote:
    > Ive been looking fore that info for ages, well thinking I needed to
    > know it thanks
    > Will XP run stabablhy on a fat 32 drive of more than 32 gigs
    > ??????????????

    I ran XPHE so for some while on a 60GB Partition (drive), until I converted
    the Partition to NTFS.
    There might well have been some loss of efficiency, but I was unaware of it.

    Patrick, Jan 28, 2004
  14. Frank

    Win Guest

    Yep I have had the same experance on a 50 gig pertation.
    I did have a couple of games that refused to save themselfs correctally but
    if your saw my highscores that can be a good thing

    Win, Jan 28, 2004
  15. Frank

    ñKs Guest

    Norton can't detect jumper settings LOL