2004 home PC

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    message news:...
    > http://users.net1plus.com/scottm/HomeComputer.jpg
    >
    > Not sure who has or hasn't seen this, but it was posted on
    > www.theinquirer.net as the side pic link(usually something odd).

    The large wheel for moving the cursor around looks great. But will Roger be
    able to play his DVDs on it with full DTS sound?
    I'll bet Roger has one on order Paradigm already. His review on it will
    reveal if it's got the best video card yet in it or not. It should come
    with a free copy of Doom 3 for the bugger to really see just how great his
    new PC is.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <Dave@_no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >> http://users.net1plus.com/scottm/HomeComputer.jpg
    >>
    >> Not sure who has or hasn't seen this, but it was posted on
    >> www.theinquirer.net as the side pic link(usually something odd).

    > The large wheel for moving the cursor around looks great. But will
    > Roger be able to play his DVDs on it with full DTS sound?
    > I'll bet Roger has one on order Paradigm already. His review on it
    > will reveal if it's got the best video card yet in it or not. It
    > should come with a free copy of Doom 3 for the bugger to really see
    > just how great his new PC is.

    It'll probably be cheaper than the one he has too.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Re: 2004 home PC (warning - spoiler!)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > http://users.net1plus.com/scottm/HomeComputer.jpg
    >
    > Not sure who has or hasn't seen this, but it was posted on
    > www.theinquirer.net as the side pic link(usually something odd).

    It's funny, but not true:

    It is actually a control console from a US nuclear sub

    http://americanhistory.si.edu/subs/operating/propulsion/

    cheers

    -=rjh=-, Sep 25, 2004