2003 server question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joni, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Joni

    Joni Guest

    ==I`m posting this again with a little more detail==
    Can anyone help ( I`m still learning in this area )

    I've a small LAN at home running Win2003 server and 3 clients
    Basically to get used to the client/server environment.

    The server is setup as a domain controller, all works well i.e shares etc-
    by just a small problem. I`m trying to manage the shares on one of the
    client computers but when I go into active directory \ computers
    right click on the computer and click manage, i receive this message
    ~Computer \\home1.bits.local cannot be managed. the network path was not
    found~ etc:
    On the other client it lets me access the shared folders but the local users
    and groups
    have a red cross through it and says unable to access the computer because
    the network location
    cannot be reached.

    Any ideas - thanks for any help.
    Joni, Mar 2, 2005