    them.
    Or, do they work like "real" versions.
    Not a big problem as easy to get additional evaluation version copies.

    Paul L, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Read the EULA that came with your copy--it will answer your question.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    "Paul L" <> wrote in message
    > how does product activation work for evaluation versions of 2003 server?
    > Is it possible to install more than one copy of the evaluation version?
    > I bought the core requirements (70-290/291/293/294) set which comes with

    an
    > evaluation version, for some of the exercises more than one server would

    be

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Dec 23, 2003

  3. Paul L

    Paul L Guest

    thanks for reply
    EULA (or rather the card with the software) just says for deployment and
    planning purposes

    Paul L, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Hi Paul,
    The EULA is the End User License Agreement that you have to agree to during
    installation. If you have already installed a copy, you can search for
    eula.txt

    Unless I am mistaken (I haven't used an eval version in a while) the
    evaluation EULA allows installation on up to 4 PCs.

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Dec 23, 2003
  5. and it can be activated up to 8 times?

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Paul L

    Paul L Guest

    thanks, I should have thought of that. It says up to four copies at once and
    permits installing on different machines if removed from one of the initial
    servers.
    Doesnt say how many times can be reactivated.
    With the 2000 server evaluation version you could reinstall after the time
    limit was up. I wonder if there is a need for people who are working on
    courses to be careful to finish all of them within the 180 period as opposed
    to finishing each one within that period. (Of course you can always just get
    another evaluation copy, if worse comes to worse buy another book with one
    in it:) ).

    Paul L, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Paul L

    Consultant Guest

    no one reads those silly things, it slows down the install

    Consultant, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Paul L

    Zenner Guest

    Yeah! I've heard of that happening. It is such a waste to include those
    instructions and help files. That's why Microsoft products are such
    "bloatware". It is much easier to come to a site like this and have the
    answers given to us without all the hassle of reading, research or thinking
    about it. I wonder why anyone does that?

    Some of us are too busy to spend hours looking for these obscure little
    details. Come on Microsoft, buy a clue! You would think they would provide
    some way to get this information with out so much work.

    I never read that stuff. ;)

    "Paul L" <> wrote in message
    > how does product activation work for evaluation versions of 2003 server?
    > Is it possible to install more than one copy of the evaluation version?
    > I bought the core requirements (70-290/291/293/294) set which comes with

    an
    > evaluation version, for some of the exercises more than one server would

    be
    > handy.
    > Basically asking if these evaluation versions work like the windows 2000
    > server ones where you can install them on several machines and reinstall
    > them.
    > Or, do they work like "real" versions.
    > Not a big problem as easy to get additional evaluation version copies.

    ---

    Zenner, Dec 23, 2003