    I know 2000 pretty well since I have been working with it for the last few
    years. Any comments?

    Saul

    Saul, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Both have merit.

    2k3 is likely to be more valuable in 12 months time than now. A 2000
    cert is valuable for now. However, when I recruit I look more at
    experience with certs than experience or certs on their own.

    So if your cv says, Deployed and Maintained 2000 and 2003 and you have
    a 2003 cert - right now you'd be top of my list.

    2000 track will make sure you know the underlying technology, of the
    2k3 exams I've seen so far they seem more focussed on the differences
    between 2k and 2k3 so a 2k cert has value too.

    good luck with whichever you choose

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Saul

    Randall Guest

    I suggest you continue and with 2K since you have xyears
    hands-0n, like the previous comments 2K is valuable now,
    you may as well show proof of your expertise in an area
    you have worked/developed in and currently that'll be in
    2K for you

    2003, well I beleive it will be a while before companies
    venture into this technology area.

    Good luck with 2K

    Also get yourself a copy of Win2003 evaluation copy and
    install it on VM Ware (virtual machine), have a play and
    see the difference and improvements.

    Randall, Oct 16, 2003