2003 mcse cert

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Ryan, Jun 10, 2004.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    First apologies for the long post.

    Need a little help with obtaining my cert. I'm not new to
    networking or computers but have never worked in the it
    field. Looking to break in and get a job, but living in
    the utah area it seems everybody wants experience or certs
    before hiring anybody.

    I am studying for the 290 test right now. Bought the ms
    press study guide for this and it seems to leave quite a
    bit of info out that is on the pratice tests. So I bought
    the admin compainion and it has helped a lot. But I still
    can't seem to grasp the subjects in the pratice tests. Is
    there any better books out there for this test? and why?

    Also is there an easier test out there to start with that
    would get me my mcp but also count towards the mcse?

    Also maybe some of you have seen this also. It seems that
    some of the practice test questions from ms press have
    more than one answer. After researching my answers that I
    got wrong you could go about it that way it is just the
    long way to do it. Maybe they just want the answer their
    way? anyway.

    One last thing. If there is anybody out here in Utah that
    is willing to give a hard worker interested in getting
    experience a part time job please let me know. Or any help
    in obtaining a job locally would be greatly appreciated.

    Ryan, Jun 10, 2004

  2. 1st: don't divulge that you have no experience. Be inventive! Otherwise you will never break into IT.

    2nd: Here is an optimal path, in order:
    70215 -server
    70216 -networks
    70217 -ad
    70219 -ad design
    70218 -management
    702?? -your choice. I opted for 70228.
    70210 -client

    Voila! MCSE/MCSA 2000 with only 1 exam short of MCDBA.

    Then, 70292 & 70296 for the MCSE/MCSA 2003.

    I did all this in 5 months using MS Press books, transcender, and SelfTest software, nights and weekends. Of course, you better have a network laboratory. If you don't have the loot, I suggest VMWare.

    I paid only for the tests themselves. All other materials I obtained for free using Kazaa Lite.

    3rd: if you take the time to visit these posts, you are wasting time.

    4th: hurry! it's a long commute to India.....

    =?Utf-8?B?aWQ=?=, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Ryan

    Guest Guest

    your an idiot id,

    Guest, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Ryan

    Rick Guest

    Get VMware and setup a lab. You need to get your hands on the software as it
    will help you understand much better. I was lucky enough to have 2 years of
    solid 2000 experience before certifying. I migrated or upgraded depending on
    your opinion from Netware to 2000 prior to certifying. Having that hands on
    experience will help you understand how things work. Also you might want to
    see if there are any local user groups in your area. Computer clubs or
    users groups are a great place to get mentoring. If all else fails I have
    seen several people post in the MCSA and I think here in the MCSE newsgroups
    about getting together local study groups.

    Rick

    Rick, Jun 10, 2004
  5. id wrote:
    > 1st: don't divulge that you have no experience. Be inventive!
    > Otherwise you will never break into IT.

    An alcoholic encourages others around him to drink so that he won't feel as
    bad about himself.

    > I paid only for the tests themselves. All other materials I obtained
    > for free using Kazaa Lite.

    arseflonker

    > 3rd: if you take the time to visit these posts, you are wasting time.

    In your case, I can see how that's true.

    --
    Fris "MS Filter test #2" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    Certaholics

    =?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=, Jun 10, 2004
  6. Ryan

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "id" <> wrote in message
    > 1st: don't divulge that you have no experience. Be inventive! Otherwise

    you will never break into IT.

    Correct! What the OP should do is create an ideal resume, with no regard for
    whether it's accurate or not. Sounds great!

    > 2nd: Here is an optimal path, in order:
    > 70215 -server
    > 70216 -networks
    > 70217 -ad
    > 70219 -ad design
    > 70218 -management
    > 702?? -your choice. I opted for 70228.
    > 70210 -client

    Optimal for you. It all boils down to study habits, what you know, and how
    you retain information. FYI, most people take 210/270 first, then 215. 216
    is generally regarded as the toughest one, and is frequently saved for last.

    > Voila! MCSE/MCSA 2000 with only 1 exam short of MCDBA.

    I haven't bothered to do the math here, but I'll believe you.

    > I did all this in 5 months using MS Press books, transcender, and SelfTest

    software, nights and weekends. Of course, you better have a
    > network laboratory. If you don't have the loot, I suggest VMWare.

    Home network is best.

    > I paid only for the tests themselves. All other materials I obtained for

    free using Kazaa Lite.

    So, did you *not steal* any of your study materials? You're a true IT
    professional, my friend.

    > 3rd: if you take the time to visit these posts, you are wasting time.

    Visit posts? Surely, with your wealth of knowlege, you meant "Message
    Boards", right? And, wouldn't that mean that you're wasting time?

    > 4th: hurry! it's a long commute to India.....

    No. Don't hurry. That's what's wrong with the industry, moron. People get so
    caught up in getting a few letters after their name as quick as possible,
    that they don't bother to learn the information. They "study" dumps for a
    couple days, then go out and basically buy their MCSE/MCSA/MCAF[1]. You
    should have suggested that he take his time, do things the right way, learn
    everything as thoughroughly as possible, and be (overly!) prepared for each
    and every exam and *all* topics each exam may/will cover. Microsoft isn't
    going anywhere, you'll be able to get certified in 6 months, a year, 5
    years. No need to hurry and stumble over all the information you'll need to
    know.

    [1] MCAF is Microsoft's newest cert, for qualified braindumpers only.
    Microsoft Certified @ss Funker.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 10, 2004
  7. Ryan

    kpg Guest

    "id" <> wrote in message
    > # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\129351.htm (6/10/2004 7:50:14

    AM) #
    > 1st: don't divulge that you have no experience. Be inventive! Otherwise

    you will never break into IT.

    > 2nd: Here is an optimal path, in order:
    > 70215 -server
    > 70216 -networks
    > 70217 -ad
    > 70219 -ad design
    > 70218 -management
    > 702?? -your choice. I opted for 70228.
    > 70210 -client
    >
    > Voila! MCSE/MCSA 2000 with only 1 exam short of MCDBA.
    >
    > Then, 70292 & 70296 for the MCSE/MCSA 2003.
    >
    > I did all this in 5 months using MS Press books, transcender, and SelfTest

    software, nights and weekends. Of course, you better have a network
    laboratory. If you don't have the loot, I suggest VMWare.

    > I paid only for the tests themselves. All other materials I obtained for

    free using Kazaa Lite.

    > 3rd: if you take the time to visit these posts, you are wasting time.
    >
    > 4th: hurry! it's a long commute to India.....
    >

    > "Ryan" wrote:
    >
    > > First apologies for the long post.
    > >
    > > Need a little help with obtaining my cert. I'm not new to
    > > networking or computers but have never worked in the it
    > > field. Looking to break in and get a job, but living in
    > > the utah area it seems everybody wants experience or certs
    > > before hiring anybody.
    > >
    > > I am studying for the 290 test right now. Bought the ms
    > > press study guide for this and it seems to leave quite a
    > > bit of info out that is on the pratice tests. So I bought
    > > the admin compainion and it has helped a lot. But I still
    > > can't seem to grasp the subjects in the pratice tests. Is
    > > there any better books out there for this test? and why?
    > >
    > > Also is there an easier test out there to start with that
    > > would get me my mcp but also count towards the mcse?
    > >
    > > Also maybe some of you have seen this also. It seems that
    > > some of the practice test questions from ms press have
    > > more than one answer. After researching my answers that I
    > > got wrong you could go about it that way it is just the
    > > long way to do it. Maybe they just want the answer their
    > > way? anyway.
    > >
    > > One last thing. If there is anybody out here in Utah that
    > > is willing to give a hard worker interested in getting
    > > experience a part time job please let me know. Or any help
    > > in obtaining a job locally would be greatly appreciated.

    assfcuker

    kpg

    kpg, Jun 10, 2004
  8. OT: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    kpg wrote:
    > "id" <> wrote in message
    >> I paid only for the tests themselves. All other materials I obtained
    >> for free using Kazaa Lite.

    > assfcuker

    Please join me in welcoming kpg, MCNGP #34.

    We're still not sure what kpg stands for, but it's what HE (or she?) stands
    for that matters. Having met with the MCNGP certification criteria, kpg has
    been conferred the rarest, and most coveted certification in the industry.

    The welcome kits are on back-order, but will be shipped to you parcel post
    (Fed-Ex is getting too expensive) as soon as we get around to it (already
    have enough round tuits, thank you).

    Sandworm's picture is now in the public MCNGP Yahoo group in the member
    profiles section. As soon as kpg e-mails me his/her pic, that will go up as
    well. kpg, check your e-mail for the invitation to the members-only l33t
    Yahoo group.

    For those who might be wondering, that's all the candidates for now. For
    those who wish to earn this elite (or l33t) certification, we're watching...

    --
    Fris "Kerpal Posts Greatness " bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 10, 2004
  9. Ryan

    Kat Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    > Please join me in welcoming kpg, MCNGP #34.

    Congrats KPG

    Welcome to the best of the best. We kick navy seal assss!~

    Scared Kitty

    MCNGP #29

    Kat, Jun 10, 2004
  10. Ryan

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message

    > Please join me in welcoming kpg, MCNGP #34.

    Firsty, welcome to the club, Teddy KGB. Give da man hiz moeney.
    Secondly, as kpg's MCNGP's number suggests, there are 34 of us. But how many
    of us are "active"?

    Sorry if I forget anyone, and I'm sure I will, but here's the list of
    MCNGP's that are here on a regular basis:
    Me
    Consultant
    Fris
    JaR
    Kline Sphere
    Jtyc
    Neil
    Brat
    kpg
    Sandworm
    Kat (although not so much lately)

    semi-regulars:
    Laura
    billyw
    Bob Holmes
    Keyboard Cowboy

    So what's that, 14? Where have the rest gone?

    Who did I forget?

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jun 10, 2004
  11. Ryan

    kpg Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    Speech! Speech!

    Well, I’m really not prepared but OK.

    <pulls 30 page volume from vest pocket>

    Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend me your ear. This is
    a great honor. I would like to thank all of you that have made
    this possible. Thank you id-iot :). Thank you to my mentor,
    Frisbee, whose internyms have guided me through the dark
    times and to (in alphabetical order to convey no particular
    preference) Brat, JaR, Jtyc, Kat, and Ken for their endless
    hours of online debate over both the profound and the trivial,
    to Neil for his child-like zeal to post a reply to anything and
    everything going on and on and on, to Rowdy, for making me
    realize that things could be much worse. Thanks to the founding
    fathers, without whose effort none of this would be possible.
    And to all I have not mentioned know this, I'm going to kill
    you! No, not, I'm just kidding. Seriously, I love, like, or hate
    you all. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

    <and now the oath will be administered>

    I, state you name, do solemnly pledge to uphold the
    highest and lowest standards of the MCNGP, through
    richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. Amen.

    <hats fly into the air>

    The beers on me!

    <limited time offer, damn, too bad you’re not here>

    kpg

    P.S.

    <now to business>

    Me llamo Ken P. Graci. I'm 45MM, 6'3" 245#, Ex-Marine, Professional
    ASM and VB6 programmer (I know, what a combination!). I like rainy
    nights and long walks on the beach and my favorite color is Blue.

    There, were all caught up.

    kpg

    kpg, Jun 10, 2004
  12. Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    Ken Briscoe wrote:
    > "Frisbee®" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Please join me in welcoming kpg, MCNGP #34.

    > Firsty, welcome to the club, Teddy KGB. Give da man hiz moeney.
    > Secondly, as kpg's MCNGP's number suggests, there are 34 of us. But
    > how many of us are "active"?
    >
    > Sorry if I forget anyone, and I'm sure I will, but here's the list of
    > MCNGP's that are here on a regular basis:
    > Me
    > Consultant
    > Fris
    > JaR
    > Kline Sphere
    > Jtyc
    > Neil
    > Brat
    > kpg
    > Sandworm
    > Kat (although not so much lately)

    I think lnkWizard is more or less a regular... maybe semi-

    billy used to be a regular, but perhaps he's getting more business lately.

    Bob's busy in the Crystal newsgroup.

    > semi-regulars:
    > Laura
    > billyw
    > Bob Holmes
    > Keyboard Cowboy

    You missed Andy, Techie, Larry, Darth, and Kendall there. Larry's explained
    why he's posting less frequently.

    > So what's that, 14? Where have the rest gone?
    >
    > Who did I forget?

    MeanOldMan is still active in the Yahoo groups, but has been AWOL for quite
    some time here.

    Gary US is likewise. I think it has something to do with his most recent
    job, however.

    I haven't seen Mr. Angry or mcsenada in years, although the latter does post
    occaisionally in the Yahoo group.

    Batman appears on rare occaision, but I think you have to turn on the Bat
    Signal to get him.

    Michelle posts every now and then in the group, but I think Paisley scared
    her pretty good. She scares me too, but I keep posting.

    Don Julio pops in every now and then.

    Diamond Dan also appears to be MIA

    I really wonder what's happened with Politician Spock. Anyone heard from
    him?

    Glenn posted not too long ago, and I've corresponded with him via e-mail,
    but I think I may have offended him in an e-mail, quite unintentionally...

    Haven't seen any posts from KLXrider in a while, either.

    Diana K. also posts in the group, but must not have a lot to say here.

    Kevin also appears to be MIA.

    That about sums it up, I think.

    --
    Fris "I, on the other hand, have no life" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 10, 2004
  13. Ryan

    JaR Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:20:40 -0500, kpg extemporised:

    > assfcuker

    *sigh*

    It's just not the same, but welcome anyway. May your LARTs be strong and
    lusers tremble in fear, etc etc blah blah blah...

    Hopefully, Fris has corrected the problem with the welcome kid, as the
    MCNGP goat is feeling poorly.

    If Neil ever remembers where he left it, be sure to check out the MCNGP
    Ferrari for a spin. It's a little rusty, and the seats are probably still
    damp, but it runs like crap, anyway. (Seawater in the gas, I'm told)

    JaR
    MCNGP #10110

    JaR, Jun 10, 2004
  14. Ryan

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    paisley scares you? did she post her pic again?

    Consultant, Jun 10, 2004
  15. Ryan

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    welcome

    Consultant, Jun 10, 2004
  16. Ryan

    kpg Guest

    > If Neil ever remembers where he left it, be sure to check out the MCNGP
    > Ferrari for a spin. It's a little rusty, and the seats are probably still
    > damp, but it runs like crap, anyway. (Seawater in the gas, I'm told)

    Cool. Also please send the PIN for the joint MCNGP bank account.

    kpg MCNGP #34

    kpg, Jun 10, 2004
  17. Ryan

    Kat Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    > Kat (although not so much lately)
    >
    > semi-regulars:
    > Laura
    > billyw
    > Bob Holmes
    > Keyboard Cowboy
    >
    > So what's that, 14? Where have the rest gone?
    >
    > Who did I forget?

    Sniff* I've been busy! I'll try to honor you with my posts more frequently-
    mind you, I still read everyone elses !~ the quality is degrading ;)

    Kat, Jun 10, 2004
  18. Ryan

    Kat Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    you're welcome. Correct me if I''m wrong, but you missed Consultant. He
    deserves our un-ending thanks. And what about John, our moderator? Come on,
    strain a bit!

    Kat, Jun 10, 2004
  19. Ryan

    Consultant Guest

    Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    good luck in prison

    Consultant, Jun 10, 2004
  20. Re: Latest MCNGP member (was Re: 2003 mcse cert)

    Kat wrote:
    > you're welcome. Correct me if I''m wrong, but you missed Consultant.
    > He deserves our un-ending thanks. And what about John, our moderator?
    > Come on, strain a bit!

    He included Consultant in his mention of the founding fathers.

    --
    Fris "Can I have my allowance now, Dad?" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Jun 10, 2004