    Help!

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    AlC, Jul 11, 2004

  2. AlC

    Mike Walker Guest

    MS DOS on 2000 or XP can be a problem,
    MS DOS only knows about LPT1: , I know you can redirect it
    via port mapping.

    q) Is it LPT1 ?
    q) Is it a network printer?
    q) Is it a Dot Matrix / Laser / Ink Jet ?

    More information would be nice.

    Mike.

    "AlC" <> wrote in message
    > Using older DOS program that reports are printed from several times a day.
    > Have been doing this for years, but updated to newer hardware with 2000XP.
    > Worked fine for about a 1 1/2 years and all of a sudden it will not allow

    me

    Mike Walker, Jul 12, 2004

  3. AlC spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>

    > Using older DOS program that reports are printed from several times a day.
    > Have been doing this for years, but updated to newer hardware with 2000XP.
    > Worked fine for about a 1 1/2 years and all of a sudden it will not allow
    > me to print, even though it works on other software, e.i. ms word, excel
    > etc. Help!

    DOS programs only print to LPT ports.

    What you need to do is this. Share the printer, and make note of the
    computer's name.

    Let's say the name is "computer" and the printer share name is "printer".

    You would need to create a logon.bat file to put in the startup folder. The
    contents of this file would be as follows:

    ==
    net use lpt1: /delete
    net use lpt1: \\computer\printer
    ==

    The first removes the mapping, if it exists, and the second line assures it
    gets remapped.

    HTH

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jul 12, 2004