    I would think 2003 would be the way to go, eventually (5
    years or so) 2000 will get phased out.

    thanks,

    a, Jul 31, 2003

  2. I have a very simple opinion on this matter. One thing I learned working
    for a network solutions company for several years, is that the MAJORITY of
    businesses resist change unless it is critical or necessary to drastically
    increase productivity or save money. Having said that, I am a firm believer
    that most companies running W2K, companies that spent thousands or even
    millions of dollars to put this system in place, will not see tools that
    make the sys admin's job easier as a reason to upgrade and spend a lot of
    money all over again. I see it as this, one only has to take 2 more exams
    to be certified on both W2K and W2K3. Get them both! Windows 2000 is not
    going anywhere. Put yourself in the shoes of a hiring manager (which I am
    now). If I have a Windows2000 network (which I do), why would I want to
    hire a W2K3 MCSE that hasn't necessarily been exposed to the W2K way of
    doing things when I can have a 2000 MCSE that also has knowledge of where
    things are going and can help in the future? Personally, as I've said, I
    think the vast majority of W2K3 customers will be those coming from NT4 (as
    MS's website seems to market moreso than a W2K upgrade).

    Just use a little common sense, don't listen to the fools out there. Most
    people that give this awful advice have been unemployed or have started
    their "own business" (laugh) because no one wants their "genius", lol. I
    can spot these useless know-it-alls from a mile away. People that are
    talented and truly qualified, and most importantly have the RIGHT ATTITUDE
    should have no problem finding a job. Just take a 5 minute look on how many
    positions are available on the job boards all around this country.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Jul 31, 2003

  3. a

    billyw Guest

    go 2k then upgrade.
    business is just coming to terms with 2k so there will be plenty chance to
    look at 2k3 at a later date.

    billyw, Jul 31, 2003
  4. a

    booby orr Guest

    i say go w2k3.

    booby orr, Jul 31, 2003
  5. a

    a Guest

    Very well stated, after thinking this over, i think i have
    come to the conclusion that i want to get my 2k first then
    take the 2 exams for the 2k3.
    thanks for all the input, people...

    a, Aug 4, 2003
  6. a

    Ron Williams Guest

    Take the 2003 track....if for no other reason than the
    one you gave, AND you will end up saving money in the
    long run. Switch ASAP.

    if you stay on the 2000 track, you will only then have to
    take the upgrade workshops which will put you back
    another 2000 bucks once you figure in the costs for the
    tests (IF they dont give you a free voucher for
    them)...take the 2003 track and knock it all out at once.

    Ron Williams, Aug 6, 2003