2000 Requirements and 2003's

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Marko, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Marko

    Marko Guest

    say
    >this. It only says if you got your 4.0 by Feb 28th, 2001
    >then you remain certified. I wish to get both 2K and 2K3
    >but curious as to why 2K3 seems to acknowledge the 4.0
    >more than 2K does. Thanks
    >.

    I'm not sure that it does say that at all. I think it
    makes very encouraging remarks as to why NT4 certified
    MCSEs should upgrade.

    Simply:

    *You were able to do some core NT4 exams with electives
    and get MCSE with NT4. You could have done ONE exam to
    upgrade your cert from MCSE to MCSE W2K. None of these
    options is now avilable.
    *You could do 4 W2K core exams (with 3 electives, which
    may have been the same as those for NT4 cert) and you
    would get MCSE on W2K.
    * If you are already MCSE W2K certified, you do 2 exams
    for MCSE on Windows 2003.
    * If you remain MCSE certified with NT4, then you must
    pretty much do all the exams that someone would do
    starting out MCSE Windows 2003 certification. Some will
    get credit for the client exam, if they did 70-210 or 70-
    270. You will get credit for one elective since your NT4
    cert proves the ability to support another version of
    Windows Server technologies.

    Since you can take 2 upgrade exams as MCSE W2K working
    towards MCSE Windows Server 2003, then this is often the
    better option since you will have earned an additional
    certficiation (there is a distinction, MCSE W2K and MCSE
    Windows Server 2003).

    Marko, Aug 29, 2003