20 since 4.1 failed 70-270

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Greg, May 4, 2005.

  1. Greg

    Greg Guest

    XP test changed after 4.1.05....since then 20 people at
    the testing center I use have not passed it..in a row.

    I believe someone on these boards said the XP exam is the
    easiest test of all...seems to me that statement is
    pretty misleading.

    Either MS is playing dirty with this exam or their is
    something wrong at my testing center. One whole section
    on my test was not even scored, at all! Configuring and
    Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment is scored a
    zero...the women at the testing center said she has never
    seen that before.

    Thing is, I don't even recall a question on the desktop
    environment....which would explain the zero but how in
    the heck can MS have 7 objectives which I studied for and
    then only test me on 6 and then throw in a question from
    A+ on 16 bit applications?

    Thanks for listening.

    Greg, May 4, 2005

  2. Greg wrote:

    > Either MS is playing dirty with this exam or their is
    > something wrong at my testing center. One whole section
    > on my test was not even scored, at all! Configuring and
    > Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment is scored a
    > zero...the women at the testing center said she has never
    > seen that before.

    So wait, was Configuring and Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment
    listed on your score sheet with no bar? Or was it not listed? 'Cause if
    it was listed, maybe you just got all those questions wrong.

    > Thing is, I don't even recall a question on the desktop
    > environment....

    No mandatory / roaming profile questions? I had a few of those on the
    70-270 I took in March...

    > which would explain the zero but how in
    > the heck can MS have 7 objectives which I studied for and
    > then only test me on 6 and then throw in a question from
    > A+ on 16 bit applications?
    >
    > Thanks for listening.

    It's been my experience that not all objectives surface on every test.
    Each test seems to feature five or six, so don't be surprised if you
    don't get tested on every single objective.

    blastingfonda, May 4, 2005

  3. Greg

    pennino Guest

    [..]

    >Either MS is playing dirty with this exam or their is
    >something wrong at my testing center. One whole section
    >on my test was not even scored, at all! Configuring and
    >Troubleshooting the Desktop Environment is scored a
    >zero...the women at the testing center said she has

    never
    >seen that before.

    I took the 70-270 on April the 14th and I didn't have any
    particular issue. I can confirm that the exam was
    probably tougher than I had expected after reading some
    comments on the net, so maybe they really raised the bar
    a little in the latest batch but it's still much easier
    than 70-290 or 70-291. How can you tell that a section
    was not scored ? do you know if there is anything in
    common between those last 20 who failed the exam ? like
    all failing the same section ?

    By the way, what was the question about 16bit
    applications ? (I remember that 16bit application memory
    and thread management was somehow part of the objectives
    albeit not explicitly. I think the section
    was "Monitoring and Optimizing System Performance and
    Reliability").

    pennino, May 4, 2005
  4. Greg

    Greg Guest

    It was listed but with no bar...and yes there were at
    least 3 questions on profiles plus regional & language
    settings. So, I must be dumb and got them all wrong?

    That's pretty strange considering I took 24 practice
    exams through MeasureUp, a half dozen more through
    DiscountExams, a half dozen more through PrepLogic
    and...a half dozen more through Ucertify!!!

    Boy, I must really be dumb.

    Greg, May 4, 2005
  5. Greg

    Greg Guest

    We get a score sheet after the test showing your score
    and the objectives that you are either strong or need
    help in.

    The only thing in common was that they all took the 70-
    270 exam after 4/1. I was told that it was people with
    years of experience that had never failed a test before
    as well as students that failed.

    That 16 bit app question was not an any objectives I saw
    and I have the 870 pg Windows XP book & lab book from MS
    Learning Series.

    Greg, May 4, 2005
  6. Well, no one said you were dumb. But you did say earlier that there
    were no questions on desktop configuration, but now the truth comes out
    that there were 3 or 4 questions, possibly more.

    If say there were 3 questions and you got all three wrong, that would
    result in no bar.

    Sure, you can blame the testing center, blame Microsoft, blame the exam
    makers, blame whomever, but eventually you're going to have to face the
    fact that maybe, just maybe, you failed the test due to wrong answers.

    blastingfonda, May 5, 2005
  7. Greg

    Robert Moir Guest

    Greg wrote:
    > It was listed but with no bar...and yes there were at
    > least 3 questions on profiles plus regional & language
    > settings. So, I must be dumb and got them all wrong?
    >
    > That's pretty strange considering I took 24 practice
    > exams through MeasureUp, a half dozen more through
    > DiscountExams, a half dozen more through PrepLogic
    > and...a half dozen more through Ucertify!!!

    If you rely on practice tests then yeah, you could well have got all the
    real questions wrong. I've never read an exam prep book nor seen a practice
    test that doesn't have any faults in it.

    Robert Moir, May 8, 2005
  8. Greg

    Paleozoic Guest

    Wow,

    Don't anybody blame the updated test for a failing score.
    That was as easy for me as the A+ tests. I passed with
    905 and barely picked up any books or study materials. I
    was so confident that I aced it that I did not go back and
    reveiw even one question when I was done. I answered them
    all and then ended the test. If I went back and reviewed
    them, I may not have gotten anything wrong. The thing is
    that the 70-270 exam requires that you know something
    about a server environment. Don't go into the test
    thinking its all about Windows XP, because it is more
    about Windows XP from a server perspective. If you have
    any experience actually working in a server environment,
    then you should have no trouble with this exam. If your
    just reading books and playing with your Windows XP
    desktop, GOOD LUCK!

    Whatever the problem is, don't blame the exam, because it
    was a piece of cake and I took the new exam on 5/6/05.

    Mikey

    Paleozoic, May 9, 2005