    apply to preorders. The site will be hammered, but you can generally
    get trough with a bit of patience. You can still get free shipping, but
    don't export to see your order any time soon.
    Nicholas Andrade, Jun 17, 2005

  2. Nicholas Andrade

    Napalm68 Guest

    Nicholas Andrade wrote:
    > Their semi-annual sale has started again, some of the codes are:
    > DVDTALK or USATODAY or USWEEKLY or KLSX
    >
    > For those unfamiliar, the sale usually lasts like a week and does not
    > apply to preorders. The site will be hammered, but you can generally
    > get trough with a bit of patience. You can still get free shipping, but
    > don't export to see your order any time soon.

    Gawd not again. These DDD sales only ever end in tears... :)
    Napalm68, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Nicholas Andrade

    Starz_Kid Guest

    "Napalm68" <> wrote in message
    > Nicholas Andrade wrote:
    > > Their semi-annual sale has started again, some of the codes are:
    > > DVDTALK or USATODAY or USWEEKLY or KLSX
    > >
    > > For those unfamiliar, the sale usually lasts like a week and does not
    > > apply to preorders. The site will be hammered, but you can generally
    > > get trough with a bit of patience. You can still get free shipping, but
    > > don't export to see your order any time soon.

    > Gawd not again. These DDD sales only ever end in tears... :)

    Hello Group, Welllllllll not for me, they usually ship quickly...! Maybe a
    backorder now & then, but everything gets to me within a week or so..

    Starz_Kid...
    Starz_Kid, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:10:40 -0400, "Starz_Kid" <>
    Gave us:

    >> Gawd not again. These DDD sales only ever end in tears... :)

    >Hello Group, Welllllllll not for me, they usually ship quickly...! Maybe a
    >backorder now & then, but everything gets to me within a week or so..
    >
    >Starz_Kid...

    My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    stupid dipshit's sale?

    Spew your spam elsewhere dipshit sale ad boy!

    People know how to buy, and they know how to find good value
    pricing.

    NO spam in a newsgroup required. D'oh!
    TokaMundo, Jun 17, 2005
  5. Nicholas Andrade

    Justin Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:28:56 GMT]:
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:10:40 -0400, "Starz_Kid" <>
    > Gave us:
    >

    >>> Gawd not again. These DDD sales only ever end in tears... :)

    >>Hello Group, Welllllllll not for me, they usually ship quickly...! Maybe a
    >>backorder now & then, but everything gets to me within a week or so..
    >>
    >>Starz_Kid...
    >>

    > My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    > stupid dipshit's sale?

    http://tinyurl.com/bzg3k
    http://tinyurl.com/7bte7

    since at least 2003
    Justin, Jun 17, 2005
  6. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:42:27 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:28:56 GMT]:
    >> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:10:40 -0400, "Starz_Kid" <>
    >> Gave us:

    >>>Hello Group, Welllllllll not for me, they usually ship quickly...! Maybe a
    >>>backorder now & then, but everything gets to me within a week or so..
    >>>
    >>>Starz_Kid...
    >>>

    >> My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >> stupid dipshit's sale?

    >http://tinyurl.com/bzg3k
    >http://tinyurl.com/7bte7
    >
    >since at least 2003

    One set of bullshit posts does not a group redefine...
    TokaMundo, Jun 17, 2005
  7. Nicholas Andrade

    FAQmeister Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    "TokaMundo" <> wrote in message
    > My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    > stupid dipshit's sale?
    > Spew your spam elsewhere dipshit sale ad boy!
    >
    > People know how to buy, and they know how to find good value
    > pricing.

    DDD prices are already very low and when they have a 20% off sale I like
    to know about it--if you don't mind.

    > NO spam in a newsgroup required. D'oh!

    Mr. Andrade is not an employee of DDD, so his post is NOT spam and it is
    welcome.
    --
    The alt.video.dvd faq is located at:
    http://aww-faq.org/dvdfaq.html
    FAQmeister, Jun 17, 2005
  8. Nicholas Andrade

    Justin Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:57:35 GMT]:
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:42:27 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    >>TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:28:56 GMT]:
    >>> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:10:40 -0400, "Starz_Kid" <>
    >>> Gave us:

    >>> My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >>> stupid dipshit's sale?

    >>http://tinyurl.com/bzg3k
    >>http://tinyurl.com/7bte7
    >>
    >>since at least 2003

    > One set of bullshit posts does not a group redefine...

    I take it you weren't around in the days of there being real sales
    online. This group was full of coupons for Reel.com, 800.com etc. That
    was what defined the group, when there were several hundred to a couple
    thousand posts a day, 99% on topic.
    Justin, Jun 17, 2005
  9. Nicholas Andrade

    Jay G. Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:42:27 GMT, Justin wrote:

    > TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:28:56 GMT]:
    >>>

    >> My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >> stupid dipshit's sale?

    > http://tinyurl.com/bzg3k
    > http://tinyurl.com/7bte7
    >
    > since at least 2003

    Oh, long before that.

    From 1999:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd/msg/55e0a8a7e2e9b6b4

    And, of course, there was the mythic 800.com "3 for $1" sale from 1998:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd/msg/d0c92ef89cbf563c

    Back when this group was younger, sale discussions were much more common.
    Of course, that's because sales worth discussing were much more common as
    well.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Jun 17, 2005
  10. Nicholas Andrade

    Justin Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    Jay G. wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:12:37 -0500]:
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:42:27 GMT, Justin wrote:
    >
    >> TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:28:56 GMT]:
    >>>>
    >>> My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >>> stupid dipshit's sale?

    >> http://tinyurl.com/bzg3k
    >> http://tinyurl.com/7bte7
    >>
    >> since at least 2003

    > Oh, long before that.

    I was just referring to the DDD coupon sales...

    > From 1999:
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd/msg/55e0a8a7e2e9b6b4
    >
    > And, of course, there was the mythic 800.com "3 for $1" sale from 1998:
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd/msg/d0c92ef89cbf563c
    >
    > Back when this group was younger, sale discussions were much more common.
    > Of course, that's because sales worth discussing were much more common as
    > well.

    Yep, was a time when a new reel.com coupon would seem to pop up daily.
    Justin, Jun 17, 2005
  11. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:00:19 -0700, "FAQmeister"
    <> Gave us:

    >"TokaMundo" <> wrote in message
    >> My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >> stupid dipshit's sale?
    >> Spew your spam elsewhere dipshit sale ad boy!
    >>
    >> People know how to buy, and they know how to find good value
    >> pricing.

    >DDD prices are already very low and when they have a 20% off sale I like
    >to know about it--if you don't mind.

    If you do not know how to keep current,what does that say about you
    and your abilities?

    >> NO spam in a newsgroup required. D'oh!

    >Mr. Andrade is not an employee of DDD, so his post is NOT spam and it is
    >welcome.

    Ahhh... same old story... same old song and dance...
    TokaMundo, Jun 17, 2005
  12. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:11:52 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >TokaMundo wrote on [Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:57:35 GMT]:
    >> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:42:27 GMT, Justin <> Gave
    >> us:

    >>>http://tinyurl.com/bzg3k
    >>>http://tinyurl.com/7bte7
    >>>
    >>>since at least 2003

    >> One set of bullshit posts does not a group redefine...

    >I take it you weren't around in the days of there being real sales
    >online. This group was full of coupons for Reel.com, 800.com etc. That
    >was what defined the group, when there were several hundred to a couple
    >thousand posts a day, 99% on topic.

    I used to buy nearly all of my discs from 800.com

    Coupons?

    I was here before this group EVER had that many posts a day.

    I was also here as it turned to shit.

    Never needed a post here to buy online.

    Pretty much stopped buying online when I found good prices and
    instant gratification locally. Sorry that your shopping habits require
    prompts from people in a newsgroup to motivate you.

    It's still 100% spam. I do not care how YOU measure it.
    TokaMundo, Jun 17, 2005
  13. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:12:37 -0500, "Jay G." <> Gave us:

    >Back when this group was younger, sale discussions were much more common.
    >Of course, that's because sales worth discussing were much more common as
    >well.

    Exactly. Now, some in here waste valuable personal time to save a
    mere few pennies. Not equitable for me. I only buy online the hard
    to find titles that the local stores aren't bright enough to carry,
    because it doesn't fit their presumptuous demographic.

    The best place to buy discs is to get in with a local distribution
    house. You know... a friend on the inside. Circumnavigate the
    retail markup completely. Yeeee Haaa!
    TokaMundo, Jun 17, 2005
  14. Nicholas Andrade

    FAQmeister Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    "TokaMundo" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:00:19 -0700, "FAQmeister"
    > <> Gave us:
    >
    >> "TokaMundo" <> wrote in message
    >>> My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >>> stupid dipshit's sale?
    >>> Spew your spam elsewhere dipshit sale ad boy!
    >>>
    >>> People know how to buy, and they know how to find good value
    >>> pricing.

    >> DDD prices are already very low and when they have a 20% off sale I
    >> like to know about it--if you don't mind.

    > If you do not know how to keep current,what does that say about you
    > and your abilities?

    It says that I prefer not to subscribe to the DDD mailing list.

    >>> NO spam in a newsgroup required. D'oh!

    >> Mr. Andrade is not an employee of DDD, so his post is NOT spam and
    >> it is welcome.

    > Ahhh... same old story... same old song and dance...

    Yes, it appears so.
    FAQmeister, Jun 18, 2005
  15. Nicholas Andrade

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Jun 18, 2005
  16. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:30:15 -0400, Stan Brown
    <> Gave us:

    >On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:00:19 -0700, "FAQmeister"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Mr. Andrade is not an employee of DDD, so his post is NOT spam and it is
    >>welcome.

    >Even if he were an employee, a single article would not be spam.

    Any ad in usenet is spam in my book. Even the first time.

    Not the place for it.

    Find or create a group specifically for "offers".
    TokaMundo, Jun 18, 2005
  17. Nicholas Andrade

    TokaMundo Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:45:54 -0700, Derek Janssen
    <> Gave us:

    >TokaMundo wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:30:15 -0400, Stan Brown
    >> <> Gave us:

    >>>Even if he were an employee, a single article would not be spam.

    >> Any ad in usenet is spam in my book. Even the first time.
    >>
    >> Not the place for it.
    >>
    >> Find or create a group specifically for "offers".

    >Well spoken, sir, well spoken--
    >
    >Oh, btw, who the hell ARE you, again?
    >
    >Derek Janssen (...Anybody?)

    As if your self important ass is "anybody"...

    Your question could be a little more stupid, but not much.
    TokaMundo, Jun 18, 2005
  18. Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    FAQmeister wrote:
    > "TokaMundo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>My question would be since when was this group ever about some
    >>stupid dipshit's sale?
    >> Spew your spam elsewhere dipshit sale ad boy!
    >>
    >> People know how to buy, and they know how to find good value
    >>pricing.

    > DDD prices are already very low and when they have a 20% off sale I like
    > to know about it--if you don't mind.
    >
    >> NO spam in a newsgroup required. D'oh!

    > Mr. Andrade is not an employee of DDD, so his post is NOT spam and it is
    > welcome.

    Also, the DDD sale is a semiannual ritual of mythical proportions for
    DVD buyers everywhere, and publicly notifying the sale is like publicly
    spotting the first robin of Spring.

    Derek Janssen (now, if Overstock.com had a sale, who would care?)
    Derek Janssen, Jun 18, 2005
  19. Nicholas Andrade

    Large Farva Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    Don't like it? Leave. Bye.

    Large Farva, Jun 18, 2005
  20. Nicholas Andrade

    Jay G. Guest

    Re: 200% LESS SPAM please!

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 01:22:45 GMT, TokaMundo wrote:

    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:45:54 -0700, Derek Janssen
    >>Well spoken, sir, well spoken--
    >>
    >>Oh, btw, who the hell ARE you, again?
    >>
    >>Derek Janssen (...Anybody?)
    >>

    > As if your self important ass is "anybody"...

    Derek may be a pain sometimes, but he's posted to this group for years now.
    You, on the other hand, don't have any posts dating before the 16th.

    -Jay
    Jay G., Jun 18, 2005