    %20 is added in place of the spaces, causing the page not to display..how
    can i stop this insertion?

    cheers
    gtg, Jan 6, 2004

  2. gtg

    Avenger© Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:30:54 GMT, "gtg" <> wrote:

    >Hi group,
    >
    >Using winxp, IE6. Whenver i Click on a link that has spaces somewhere in it,
    >%20 is added in place of the spaces, causing the page not to display..how
    >can i stop this insertion?
    >
    >cheers

    Use an underscore or tilde in the page address when placing it on your
    web server ie: _ or ~

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    Avenger©, Jan 6, 2004

  3. On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:43:33 +1100, Avenger© wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:30:54 GMT, "gtg" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi group,
    >>
    >>Using winxp, IE6. Whenver i Click on a link that has spaces somewhere in it,
    >>%20 is added in place of the spaces, causing the page not to display..how
    >>can i stop this insertion?

    > Use an underscore or tilde in the page address when placing it on your
    > web server ie: _ or ~

    *His* server? He's just trying to browse, I think.

    --
    Blinky Registered Linux User #[I forget]
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 6, 2004
  4. gtg

    Avenger© Guest

    Re: Re: %20 in links

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:07:17 -0800, "Blinky the Shark"
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:43:33 +1100, Avenger© wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:30:54 GMT, "gtg" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi group,
    >>>
    >>>Using winxp, IE6. Whenver i Click on a link that has spaces somewhere in it,
    >>>%20 is added in place of the spaces, causing the page not to display..how
    >>>can i stop this insertion?

    >> Use an underscore or tilde in the page address when placing it on your
    >> web server ie: _ or ~

    >*His* server? He's just trying to browse, I think.

    I was presuming he/she was attempting to view pages that he/she had
    loaded onto a web server (ie: homepage space) and left spaces in the
    actual URL name. Maybe a link to the page/s he was having problems
    with would have helped!

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    Avenger©, Jan 6, 2004
  5. gtg

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:30:54 GMT, gtg wrote:

    >Hi group,
    >
    >Using winxp, IE6. Whenver i Click on a link that has spaces somewhere in it,

    Any example addresses?

    >%20 is added in place of the spaces, causing the page not to display..how

    That's the code for a space 20 (in hexadecimal numbering) is 32 in
    http://www.asciitable.com/ decimal is the ASCII code for a space.

    URL encoding
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_ref_urlencode.asp
    http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/html/topics/urlencoding.htm

    Tell the silly webmaster, not to allow spaces in names.

    >can i stop this insertion?

    Don't click the link, try a copy/paste into the location bar?

    Me
    why?, Jan 6, 2004