    to be out soon?

    many thanks
    jonathan
    Jon Jarman, Oct 12, 2006

  2. Jon Jarman

    Marco Hahnen Guest

    Companies will not upgrade all their XP machines to Vista when it comes out.
    I know many companies who are still using win 2000 and nt4 today. so i think
    XP will be in business for a few more years.

    Marco

    Marco Hahnen, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Jon Jarman

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    "Jon Jarman" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am new to this and was wondering what the difference is between 20-271
    > and
    > 20-272.

    The (MAIN) Difference:
    70-271
    Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System

    70-272
    Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft
    Windows XP Operating System

    271 is the Operating System, and 272 are the Desktop Applications.

    > I am planning on buying the 20-271 kit from amazon, but would it be
    > worthwhile getting 20-272 as well?

    Yes, if you are going to get one, you'll need the other. If you're not going
    to take both exams, then there really is no need for either.

    > and is it going to be useful pursuing this qualification if vista is going
    > to be out soon?

    MCDST is for WindowsXP ONLY. It was born with XP and it will die with XP.

    Look at it this way. WindowsNT 4 came out in what, 1995ish, THAT
    certification is still good if you know of a company that is still using
    WindowsNT 4 in their network.

    MCDST will be good to have as long as there are WindowsXP workstations out
    there. It really all depends on how many people stick to the Support Cycle
    that M$ prescribes.

    HTH

    --
    BD