    I'm wondering if there are any differences between two way of command
    "router rip".
    help me..=.=

    jh3ang, Apr 10, 2006

  2. jh3ang

    Guest

    Actually both commands are the same. The way the CLI parser in IOS
    works is that when you issue "router rip" under the interface and it
    finds no such command there, it automatically looks for the command in
    the global config mode. There it doed fine "router rip" (which is the
    usual command) and so it accepts the command at that level and goes
    into router confiiguration mode.

    So, whether "router rip" is issued in global mode or under the
    interface, they are exactly the same.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    , Apr 10, 2006