    DHCP is DISABLED
    DNS is DISABLED
    , Mar 1, 2006

  2. fred-bloggs Guest

    wrote in news:1141219381.218021.162270
    @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

    > I have 2 computers....
    >
    > Computer A:
    >
    > [Windows Server 2003]
    > Used to be set up as a domain controller and DHCP'ing and Routing to
    > other computers [Not anymore, however]
    >
    > Computer B:
    >
    > [Windows XP]
    > Used to be DHCP'ing and accessing the internet thorough computer A
    >
    > Now, I can PING Computer B with Computer A, but not PING Computer A
    > with Computer B
    >
    > P.S.
    >
    > Routing and Remote Access is DISABLED
    > DHCP is DISABLED
    > DNS is DISABLED

    On PC B (XP) have you enabled pings through the Windows(SP2) firewall?
    Control Panel
    Windows Firewall
    ICMP
    Settings
    Allow incoming echo request

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Mar 1, 2006

  3. Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 16:13:57 +0100, Johannes Schmitz wrote:

    > check cables first with cable tester or by trying other one.

    BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

    Meat Plow, Mar 1, 2006
  4. check cables first with cable tester or by trying other one.
    Johannes Schmitz, Mar 1, 2006
  5. Nathan Guest

    wrote:
    > I have 2 computers....
    >
    > Computer A:
    >
    > [Windows Server 2003]
    > Used to be set up as a domain controller and DHCP'ing and Routing to
    > other computers [Not anymore, however]
    >
    > Computer B:
    >
    > [Windows XP]
    > Used to be DHCP'ing and accessing the internet thorough computer A
    >
    > Now, I can PING Computer B with Computer A, but not PING Computer A
    > with Computer B
    >
    > P.S.
    >
    > Routing and Remote Access is DISABLED
    > DHCP is DISABLED
    > DNS is DISABLED

    Look for a firewal on computer A. Don't just exit the firewall you need
    to disable it.
    Nathan, Mar 1, 2006
  6. Guest

    I just added Ping to my Firewall exceptions... not that it should
    matter, but still a no go...

    It resolves the hostname and grabs the IP address, but it times out.
    , Mar 1, 2006
  7. Guest

    PS the cable is fine... :)
    , Mar 1, 2006
  8. Nathan wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I have 2 computers....
    >>
    >> Computer A:
    >>
    >> [Windows Server 2003]
    >> Used to be set up as a domain controller and DHCP'ing and Routing to
    >> other computers [Not anymore, however]
    >>
    >> Computer B:
    >>
    >> [Windows XP]
    >> Used to be DHCP'ing and accessing the internet thorough computer A
    >>
    >> Now, I can PING Computer B with Computer A, but not PING Computer A
    >> with Computer B
    >>
    >> P.S.
    >>
    >> Routing and Remote Access is DISABLED
    >> DHCP is DISABLED
    >> DNS is DISABLED
    >>

    > Look for a firewal on computer A. Don't just exit the firewall you need
    > to disable it.

    No, don't turn the firewall off, but configure it to allow access from
    the other computer. No sense in removing the computer's protection.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 1, 2006