    thank you friends! there are a lot of friendly persone
    here, thank you again

    Johnny
    Explain me, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Explain me

    Dmitri Guest

    Explain me wrote:

    > Hi,

    > if I have a broadband DSL I can use the voip OK.

    > But, if in the house I have an IP phone that is setted
    > for ring with the number 312 555 5555 for example
    > can I have another IP phone where ring the number
    > 212 444 4444 for example?

    > I mean can I use more providers only for call or
    > for receive too?

    > If is possible which are the restrictions?

    > thank you friends! there are a lot of friendly persone
    > here, thank you again

    > Johnny

    You don't really have to have two separate service providers for that. You
    can use 2-port VoIP gateway (like those InnoMedia 3328-2 telephone
    adapters Net2phone sells with their service), and establish two calling
    plans under the same account, one with 212 area code, and one with 312
    (going by examples you posted here). That would greatly simplify your
    billing, BTW.

    But to directly answer your question, yes you can have multiple VoIP
    services on the same broadband connection.

    --
    Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
    http://www.cabling-design.com

    http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
    Dmitri, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Explain me

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Explain me" <> writes:

    >But, if in the house I have an IP phone that is setted
    >for ring with the number 312 555 5555 for example
    >can I have another IP phone where ring the number
    >212 444 4444 for example?

    >I mean can I use more providers only for call or
    >for receive too?

    There are certainly ways to do this.

    >If is possible which are the restrictions?

    I've noticed that some of the closed systems provide
    devices which must be first on the line. I'd expect
    to run into problems trying to use two of those.

    Stay away from the closed systems and it shouldn't
    be a big problem. An SPA-2000 and a VoicePulse
    Connect! account would be a simple solution.

    (I have multiple incoming lines routed to multiple
    phones in my house.)

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Explain me

    Explain me Guest

    "Explain me" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Hi,

    thank you for the answers to Dimitri and Kyler,

    I make a better example:

    I buy a router NetGear DG834G
    http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834G.php

    I would connect to the router 2 wireless phones.

    In the first phone I put a number of London +44
    In the second a number of New York +212

    Now for each of them I set the Voip provider and
    so the number will be recognized in the phone.

    For you how many phones can I connect to the same
    router? I suppose about 3 or 4 with that model.

    And I think this is clear.

    Now, per each phone, can I set more numbers right?
    So I can have 2 phones with 2 numbers in each so
    4 lines with 2 phones,

    is it correct?

    thank you very much friends!!
    Explain me, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Explain me

    Explain me, Oct 29, 2004
  6. Explain me

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Explain me" <> writes:

    >I buy a router NetGear DG834G
    >http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834G.php

    >I would connect to the router 2 wireless phones.

    This is still unknown. It depends on the provider. You
    definitely can do it with some combinations of providers
    and hardware.

    >In the first phone I put a number of London +44
    >In the second a number of New York +212

    That doesn't mean much to me. You'll register each
    device (or each line of each device) to an account with
    some provider. How they route calls to you is up to
    them.

    >Now for each of them I set the Voip provider and
    >so the number will be recognized in the phone.

    Well...close enough.

    >For you how many phones can I connect to the same
    >router? I suppose about 3 or 4 with that model.

    Bandwidth (upstream, probably) is the only technical
    limitation. I have 384Kbps uploads at my house. Using
    a medium-speed codec, let's estimate 40Kbps (with IP
    overhead), I *could* support 9 simultaneous calls.

    >Now, per each phone, can I set more numbers right?

    It's up to your provider.
    http://broadvoice.com/features_premium.html#alt_numbers

    Pick up to two additional phone numbers, with
    each number having a distinctive ringing pattern.

    http://www.voicepulse.com/features/service/VirtualNumbers.aspx

    You can have as many Virtual Numbers as you
    want on a line or account!

    Instead of just reading more about this, I recommend
    getting an SPA-2000
    http://store.voxilla.com/customer/product.php?productid=16134
    and a VoicePulse Connect! account.
    http://connect.voicepulse.com/
    That's what I finally did. It made the situation much
    clearer to me. Absolute worst case, you will have spent
    ~$100 on a great education.

    (I don't think VoicePulse is the best provider for long-
    term use but their Connect! service is a good cheap way to
    get started.)

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Oct 29, 2004
  7. I think that the issue is, that depending on the cities involved, he may
    have to deal with two or more seperate VOIP providers to get service. If he
    is running multiple SPA-2000s (or other VOIP adapters) behind a NAT router,
    does he run into problems forwarding the necessary SIP ports in the router
    to more than one device?

    Mike Schumann

    Mike Schumann, Oct 29, 2004
  8. Explain me

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Mike Schumann" <> writes:

    >I think that the issue is, that depending on the cities involved, he may
    >have to deal with two or more seperate VOIP providers to get service. If he
    >is running multiple SPA-2000s (or other VOIP adapters) behind a NAT router,
    >does he run into problems forwarding the necessary SIP ports in the router
    >to more than one device?

    Why is the router an issue? I didn't do anything special with my
    router (and neither have the other people who are using my SPA-2000s).

    --kyler
    Kyler Laird, Oct 30, 2004