    Frank Guest

    If I have a hard wird TCPIP connect and a wireless WIFI connection active at
    the same time is there a way to tell which takes priority.
    Frank, Jul 31, 2009

  2. On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:37:01 -0700, Frank
    <> wrote:

    >If I have a hard wird TCPIP connect and a wireless WIFI connection active at
    >the same time is there a way to tell which takes priority.

    When two network connections are available, the one with the lower
    metric value takes priority. Windows automatically assigns a metric
    value based on the connection's rated speed, as explained here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299540

    For example, a wired Fast Ethernet (100 Mb/sec) connection has
    priority over a wireless 802.11g (54 Mb/sec) connection on a computer
    running Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later.
    --
    Best Wishes,
    Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    Steve Winograd [MS-MVP], Jul 31, 2009