2 seperate wireless networks in same building

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by SpiritBoy, Feb 23, 2005.

  1. SpiritBoy

    SpiritBoy Guest

    I want some help with designing 2 separate wireless networks on our
    high school campus. We currently have 1 WLAN for the students, no
    encryption, just an open WLAN for anyone that needs internet access.
    We would like to implement a 2nd WLAN for the teachers. We would like
    this to be secure. We have approx. 300 laptops on the teacher network
    and they are not part of a domain, just a workgroup. I realize that if
    they were part of a domain we could use IAS with certificates and
    accomplish our goal. I am looking for something with little user
    intervention. My ideal solution would be to have some sort of
    certificate or config file that we could give to the teachers to
    import. I am trying to stay away from a RADIUS server, due to the fact
    that we do not want to manage username/passwords for all of the
    teachers. I also want a way to keep the teachers from accidentally
    attaching to the student WLAN.

    Thanks for you time
    Jason

    SpiritBoy, Feb 23, 2005