2 Routers, 2 ADSL Line , 1 Network

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by nelix, May 20, 2006.

  1. nelix

    nelix Guest

    right, let me give you some background in this network.

    i have 2 adsl lines from dirrfrent providers

    Line #1 has 1 Static Ip

    Line #2 has 8 Static Ip's

    on line #1 i have a draytek 2800

    on line #2 i have a draytek 2800

    line #1 Lan ip is x.x.x.205
    line #2 wan ip is x.x.x.44

    line #2 Lan ip is x.x.x.204
    Line #2 wan ip is x.x.x.217

    Main VPN Server is located on x.x.x.50

    Mail filtering Server is on x.x.x.58

    Web mail Server is on x.x.x.220

    Ok for thouse of you who have followed this carry on, for thouse of you
    who are completley lost, go to www.disney.co.uk belive me its more
    intresting.

    on the both vigor routers i have setup port forwarding on the following
    ports

    1. 1723 - x.x.x.50
    2. 80 - x.x.x.220
    3. 25 - x.x.x.58

    on each of the servers (there are quite a few) i have specified the
    default gateway as x.x.x.205 metric 1
    x.x.x.204 metric 2

    now i can connect via , vpn (pptp 1723 ), http ( 80 ) and mail inbound
    on 25 on the first line x.x.x.44 however when i try to connect to
    either port 1723,80,25 on the second line the router seems to accept
    the redirect pass it on to the correct ip and from there no magic is
    happening, there is no return to the client. its as if the packets get
    lost in a big black hole

    i am connecting to the both lines using a 3rd line which is totally
    seperate from the entire network ( joys of being the IT manager )

    Does any body have a dammed clue as to what is going on, please feel
    free to email me on this subject your help would be appriciated.

    Cheers

    Nelix

    nelix, May 20, 2006

  2. nelix

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > Does any body have a dammed clue as to what is going on, please feel
    > free to email me on this subject your help would be appriciated.

    I suggest you post to comp.security.firewalls where you may get an
    answer as they deal with routers and FW appliances and traffic routing.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 20, 2006

  3. nelix

    nelix Guest