    How do I fix that?

    Thanks for your help in advance

    dj tuchler
    Dennis J. Tuchler, Dec 23, 2004

  2. (On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    > I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
    >
    > 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
    > decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
    > message?

    I leave TB set to view messages in plain text, and if there is a message
    I want to see in HTML view... I click View >> Message Body As >> HTML.

    > 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
    > Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
    > How do I fix that?

    Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?

    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 23, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    wrote...
    > I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
    >
    > 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
    > decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
    > message?

    This extension adds various buttons, one of which is an HTML button, to
    Thunderbird:

    http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/buttons.php

    This makes it far more convenient than going to View-Message Body... or
    doing Alt-V, B and then selecting.

    Peter
    Peter Georgeu, Dec 23, 2004
  4. On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500, ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:

    > (On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >
    >> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
    >>
    >> 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
    >> decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
    >> message?

    > I leave TB set to view messages in plain text, and if there is a message
    > I want to see in HTML view... I click View >> Message Body As >> HTML.
    >
    >> 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
    >> Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
    >> How do I fix that?

    > Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?

    Under Edit >>Account settings.

    Dennis J. Tuchler, Dec 23, 2004
  5. Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
    >
    > 1. Is it possible to set up Thunderbird in a way that lets the user
    > decide, message by message, whether or not to allow html display of the
    > message?
    >
    > 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
    > Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
    > How do I fix that?
    >
    > Thanks for your help in advance
    >
    > dj tuchler

    Message by message, no, but Mnenhy 0.7 now allows you to set Plain Text
    or HTML on a folder by folder basis. I look at almost every thing in
    plain text,but one newsgroup. I can now leave that one group set to
    html, while all others are plain text. I can also leave rss feeds on
    html, and have to switch View>>Message Body As constantly.

    http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    As to your other question, have you looked in Local Folders to see if
    your missing account is there? If you set it to Global Inbox, there
    would be no independent tree for it.

    Tools>>Account Settings>>(account in question)>>Server Settings

    Click on the Advanced button, and see if the radio button for Global
    Inbox is selected. To see the account in its own folder tree, select
    Inbox for this server's account.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Re: 2 Qns re Thunderbird (2d Qn Answered)

    On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500, ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:

    > (On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >
    >> I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
    >>

    >> 2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
    >> Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
    >> How do I fix that?

    > Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?

    I should have gone to Edit > Account Settings > Server Settings >
    Advanced, and I would have been able to fix it all. Linux rewards those
    who fiddle around to see how things work.

    dj tuchler
    Dennis J. Tuchler, Dec 23, 2004
  7. Re: 2 Qns re Thunderbird (2d Qn Answered)

    (On 12/23/2004 11:48 AM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:

    > On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:22:53 -0500, ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
    >>(On 12/22/2004 8:43 PM) Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    >>

    >>>I just installed Thunderbird 1.0. I have a couple of questions
    >>>

    >>>2. I had my Thunderbird 0.9 set up with two accounts. Now, the new
    >>>Thunderbird appears with only one of the two accounts and a local account.
    >>>How do I fix that?

    >>Are both accounts still listed under Tools >> Account Settings?
    >>

    > I should have gone to Edit > Account Settings > Server Settings >
    > Advanced, and I would have been able to fix it all. Linux rewards those
    > who fiddle around to see how things work.

    So you've fixed your problem? Hmm... Linux doesn't reward me when I
    "fiddle around" with it, all I get is a headache, a crippled OS, a
    smashed keyboard, or all of the above <g>.

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 23, 2004
  8. Re: 2 Qns re Thunderbird (2d Qn Answered)

    On 12/23/2004 7:23 PM, ::..BRIAN..:: said:

    > So you've fixed your problem? Hmm... Linux doesn't reward me when I
    > "fiddle around" with it, all I get is a headache, a crippled OS, a
    > smashed keyboard, or all of the above <g>.

    Some people enjoy those very sensations :)
    David Harrison, Dec 23, 2004