    like USB or whatever else is behind there?
    Thanks in advance.
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Apr 6, 2004

  2. "Ronald Murray" <> wrote in message
    news:vrGcc.16566$...
    > Hello
    > I bought an old printer(BJC8000) To use for printing photos. I hope I can
    > still buy ink for it.
    > Can I hook up 2 printers at the same time? My tower has only 1 printer
    > input. Is there a wye type connector that can be used to hook up both
    > printers at once?
    > Or , is there a way I can connect one of the printers into another input
    > like USB or whatever else is behind there?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > ron

    If your second printer has a USB connector that is the easiest way to add
    extra printers.

    The Ancient One, Apr 7, 2004

  3. If your second printer has a USB connector that is the easiest way to add
    extra printers.
    It does not have the USB connector.
    Thanks.
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Ronald Murray

    Chet Guest

    I had a similar problem where I had two printers and a scanner, both
    requiring the same parallel connection. The scanner was a feed-thru so that
    I connected it to the printer I used most.

    I bought a Belkin switch that would switch the Parallel port to the other
    printer when I needed it. Worked fine for a long time until I got a new
    printer with USB.

    Chet, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Ronald Murray

    Thor Guest

    you can buy a parallel printer switch box, and switch between the printers,
    or (and this is the better way) buy a parallel port card, (Lava makes some
    of the better ones) install it in your computer, and you'll have a second
    parallel printer connection. There is also the possibility of adapting a USB
    port to a parallel connection with a special adapter and software, but some
    printers do not work well with these.

    Thor, Apr 7, 2004
  6. Ronald Murray

    Jerry G. Guest

    If the printers are too old for USB ports, you have to add a parallel port
    card for printer. The card is very easy to add. You simply open the case of
    the computer, and insert the card in to a blank slot. When the machine
    starts it will tell you that it found new hardware. Follow the prompts to
    install it. You will require to install the driver that comes with the new
    parallel printer port.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Apr 8, 2004
  7. Ronald Murray

    Mikey Guest

    Emachine T1801

    Don't know if anyone of you remeber my problem with the T-1801 and not
    getting it to boot up and run. I finally reformated the syestem and
    tried to reinstall windows but it will not do that at all talks about
    needed partitions and all. Can anyone help me in getting this thing
    back up The wife is looking at it as trash

    Mikey, Apr 19, 2004
  8. Ronald Murray

    HonestJohn Guest

    Re: Emachine T1801

    "Mikey" <> wrote in message

    > Don't know if anyone of you remeber my problem with the T-1801 and not
    > getting it to boot up and run. I finally reformated the syestem and
    > tried to reinstall windows but it will not do that at all talks about
    > needed partitions and all. Can anyone help me in getting this thing
    > back up The wife is looking at it as trash

    Boot your PC using a Windows 9x emergency recovery disc. After the PC has
    booted to the A: prompt type 'fdisk' (without the quotes) and follow the
    instruction, using the default settings for a single partition. When it has
    finished format the disc using the 'format C:' command. Reinstall Windows.

    If it will not reformat in the usual way, there is an undocumented procedure
    that deletes all partitions and applies a low-level format to the drive,
    effectively returning it to it's factory fresh state. But, only do it as an
    absolute last resort!

    HonestJohn, Apr 19, 2004
  9. Ronald Murray

    Plato Guest

    Re: Emachine T1801

    Mikey wrote:

    > Don't know if anyone of you remeber my problem with the T-1801 and not
    > getting it to boot up and run. I finally reformated the syestem and
    > tried to reinstall windows but it will not do that at all talks about
    > needed partitions and all. Can anyone help me in getting this thing
    > back up The wife is looking at it as trash

    Smart wife BTW but your problem is easily fixed tho I'm confused how you
    got it to format but now you're getting a "partition" problem.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 19, 2004
  10. Ronald Murray

    Mikey Guest

    Re: Emachine T1801

    I have tried to Fdisk but it keeps telling me that their is no disk to
    fdisk

    Mikey, Apr 20, 2004
  11. Ronald Murray

    Mikey Guest

    Re: Emachine T1801

    Don't ask me it is just a pain in the butt

    Mikey, Apr 20, 2004
  12. Ronald Murray

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Re: Emachine T1801

    Mikey <> wrote in

    > I have tried to Fdisk but it keeps telling me that their is no disk to
    > fdisk

    That would indicate that the BIOS isn't seeing your hard drive, which means
    either the cable (power or IDE) has come loose, or the drive or controller
    has failed.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk