    it going.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    David Day, Jul 22, 2005

  2. "David Day" <> wrote in message
    news:42e16413$0$89010$...
    > I have 2 phone lines coming into the house. I currently have 2 computers,

    > phone line, adsl, to each. I would like to some-how have it so that I can
    > use both lines for both computers. I'm guessing a router would be needed,
    > rather than just a lan connection. Are routers with 2 phone-side

    connections
    > available as I can't find any. Could you give me a bit of info to help get
    > it going.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Dave

    Why do you need to do that? Can you drive two cars at once?

    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 22, 2005

  3. David Day

    Duane Arnold Guest

    David Day wrote:

    > I have 2 phone lines coming into the house. I currently have 2 computers,
    > a phone line, adsl, to each. I would like to some-how have it so that I
    > can use both lines for both computers. I'm guessing a router would be
    > needed, rather than just a lan connection. Are routers with 2 phone-side
    > connections available as I can't find any. Could you give me a bit of info
    > to help get it going.

    It's hard to find a dial-up router as vendors don't make them anymore for
    home usage. If you do find one, it may be a discontinued line.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 22, 2005
  4. David Day

    David Day Guest

    "Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger" <> wrote in message

    > "David Day" <> wrote in message
    >> I have 2 phone lines coming into the house. I currently have 2 computers,

    >> phone line, adsl, to each. I would like to some-how have it so that I can
    >> use both lines for both computers. I'm guessing a router would be needed,
    >> rather than just a lan connection. Are routers with 2 phone-side

    > connections
    >> available as I can't find any. Could you give me a bit of info to help
    >> get
    >> it going.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>

    > Why do you need to do that? Can you drive two cars at once?

    I just want to be able to either have a faster download speed or for 2 of us
    to use the pc's at the same time, as there is 3 of us in the house.

    David Day, Jul 22, 2005
  5. David Day

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "David Day" <> wrote in message
    >I have 2 phone lines coming into the house. I currently have 2 computers, a
    >phone line, adsl, to each. I would like to some-how have it so that I can
    >use both lines for both computers. I'm guessing a router would be needed,
    >rather than just a lan connection. Are routers with 2 phone-side
    >connections available as I can't find any. Could you give me a bit of info
    >to help get it going.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Why don't you visit this little-know web site called "GOOGLE" and do a
    search for adsl router. I do believe there may be an answer for you.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 23, 2005
  6. "David Day" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 phone lines coming into the house. I currently have 2 computers,

    > phone line, adsl, to each. I would like to some-how have it so that I can
    > use both lines for both computers. I'm guessing a router would be needed,
    > rather than just a lan connection. Are routers with 2 phone-side

    connections
    > available as I can't find any. Could you give me a bit of info to help get
    > it going.

    If I can rephrase -

    You have two telephone lines, both with ADSL service, coming into
    your house, one to each of the two computers. You'd like to bond the two
    together, right?

    Symantec makes some firewalls with two WAN ports, that will do what
    you're looking for.

    HOWEVER - what you might want to do is drop one ADSL line, and put a
    router on the other line, and share it between the two computers.

    This depends on what you're trying to do here ... two lines, two
    accounts, do not automatically make for twice as wide a pipe, unfortunately.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 23, 2005
  7. David Day

    Render Me Guest

    wow, Toolgoogle Tim

    Render Me, Jul 23, 2005
  8. David Day

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Ralph Wade Phillips" <> wrote:

    > HOWEVER - what you might want to do is drop one ADSL line, and put a
    >router on the other line, and share it between the two computers.
    >
    > This depends on what you're trying to do here ... two lines, two
    >accounts, do not automatically make for twice as wide a pipe, unfortunately.

    But what they usually do is make for twice as large a monthly bill.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, Jul 23, 2005
  9. David Day

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I missed the adsl part. There are a ton of ADSL routers out there Linksys
    Dlink, Netgear, etc. take your pick.

    You should get one that does logging so you can review the traffic to
    possible dubious remote IP(s) due to a compromised machine on the netwoek
    with a tool like Wallwatcher.

    http://www.sonic.net/wallwatcher/#routers

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 23, 2005
  10. David Day

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:52:50 +0100, "David Day" <> wrote:

    >"Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "David Day" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have 2 phone lines coming into the house. I currently have 2 computers,

    >>> phone line, adsl, to each. I would like to some-how have it so that I can
    >>> use both lines for both computers. I'm guessing a router would be needed,
    >>> rather than just a lan connection. Are routers with 2 phone-side

    >> connections
    >>> available as I can't find any. Could you give me a bit of info to help
    >>> get
    >>> it going.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Dave
    >>>

    >> Why do you need to do that? Can you drive two cars at once?
    >>

    >I just want to be able to either have a faster download speed or for 2 of us
    >to use the pc's at the same time, as there is 3 of us in the house.

    Yo all can share one adsl connection.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page