    user accounts on both machines for the sharing?
    Thanks
    Frank
    Frank, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Frank

    GTS Guest

    No problem using the wireless router for an in-house network only. Use DHCP
    (in general preferable unless there's a specific need for static
    addressing). You needn't create additional user accounts - simple file
    sharing uses only the guest account.
    Your plan is fine. As long as normal sharing issues are addressed (like
    firewall permissions), you should have no problem.

    GTS, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Thanks GTS,
    That's good to hear because I had a few problems I am sure can be addressed.
    Number one is the built in , Dell Inspiron 6000 wireless chip did not have
    an option for No security, like the router has disabled as an option for the
    security? I am doing some research now. I also had a big probel with the CD
    for the WRT54G, could not get past the looking for internet connection, so I
    cancelled. but the router worked and I was able to access the config page.
    So I am going back tomorrow, also forgotr their is a major firmware update
    for the WRT54G, so I'll bring that with me and do the update. I have the GS
    model and mine was much more friendly with the firmware update from 1.1 to
    4.50. I appreciate the response and it's nice to hear it will work. Funny,
    they have netzero on the PC and AOL on the laptop. That shouldn't matter ,
    should it?
    Thanks again, back to finding out about this Intel Pro 2915 I think it is.
    Frank

    Frank, Jul 25, 2005
  4. Frank

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Sharing Internet and sharing files are not related.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#sharing
    May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/DialUp.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 25, 2005