    Lansbury
    www.uk-air.net
    FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup
    Lansbury, Jan 19, 2008

  2. Lansbury wrote:
    > Is there an ATA into which I can plug 2 phones each with their own
    > number and completely separate from each other. I've read various
    > sales leaflets online but don't know enough to decided if they do
    > what I want. I think a Linksys SPA2002 will do this but am not sure.
    >
    > Failing that, is it possible to plug 2 ATAs, such as the SPA2002,
    > into the same router and for them to work without interfering with
    > each other.
    >
    > Thanks

    I have a Linksys PAP2 this has 2 independent lines. Each line with their
    own number. Each line with a REN of 5, so I have 2 phones connected to one
    line and 3 phones connected to the other, as you would with normal landline
    extensions. Some of the SPA range do also have two independent lines.

    You can also use two ATAs, just need to alter some of the port settings.

    --
    http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
    http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/rapex_archives_en.cfm
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 19, 2008

  3. Lansbury

    Lansbury Guest

    Thanks
    Lansbury, Jan 19, 2008
  4. Lansbury

    acdeag Guest

    "Lansbury" <> wrote in message
    > Is there an ATA into which I can plug 2 phones each with their own number
    > and
    > completely separate from each other. I've read various sales leaflets
    > online
    > but don't know enough to decided if they do what I want. I think a Linksys
    > SPA2002 will do this but am not sure.
    >
    > Failing that, is it possible to plug 2 ATAs, such as the SPA2002, into the
    > same router and for them to work without interfering with each other.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > --
    > Lansbury
    > www.uk-air.net
    > FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

    Also Fritzbox ATA. Very good bit of kit, two lines, but you can also
    configure up to 10 providers.

    http://www.voiptalk.org/products/AVM FritzBox Fon ata

    You can buy it in other places as well.
    acdeag, Jan 19, 2008