    They are sharing internet, but I need to make one laptop a master and the
    other a slave. I have a database which I want the slave to enter data and
    the master to be working in the database as well.

    =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?=, Nov 5, 2007

  2. This Windows sharing how to may help.

    How to enable windows sharingHow to enable Windows sharing. One of the
    reasons to create a workgroup or domain network is for all computers on the
    network to access the network ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/enablesharing0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Nov 5, 2007

  3. The two PCs are connected. A folder is set to share, but I get a pop up box
    asking for user name and password when I use remote desktop from the slave
    computer. Where can I set the user and password on the master?

    =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?=, Nov 5, 2007
  4. Hi
    In peer to peer Network there is No master and slave, all the computers are
    equal.
    If you enable sharing on computer A and establish who can access it, all
    allowed computer cans access A.
    Same apply to any other computer that is configured to Share Files and
    Printers.

    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    allowed to be shared.

    Vista File and Printer Sharing-

    Basic XP -

    Printer Sharing XP -

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 5, 2007
  5. I created a user account. When I go to the slave pc and try to connect using
    the user account I get computer can't connect to the remote computer

    =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?=, Nov 5, 2007
  6. how do I establish who can access it? I have set this up via parallel port,
    but not wirelessly. In parallel port one is host other is guest. That is
    what I am trying to establish.

    =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?=, Nov 5, 2007
  7. Also, I have looked at the attachments, but the tabs I see do not have the
    same options.

    =?Utf-8?B?UEFS?=, Nov 5, 2007
  8. Simplly create the same username with the password on both computers. You
    should be access it without asking for the password.

    Access issues"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the
    resources" ... Message: "....is not accessible. You may not have permission
    to use this network ...
    www.chicagotech.net/accesserrors.htm

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Nov 5, 2007
  9. Hi
    The pages in the links that are in my previous post explain how to set
    permissions.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 5, 2007