    the system/should I be greatly concerned?

    Cheers
    Steve

    80/20, Aug 8, 2005

  2. On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:22:33 +0100, "80/20"
    <> wrote:

    >Whilst on holiday these problems occurred:
    >
    >1. When taking a "bracketed" shot the camera froze - the only thing I could
    >do was to take the batteries out and then restart the camera.
    >2. During playback of still photos the camera stopped moving on to the next
    >image. Turning the camera off was possible, but after turning it back on it
    >went to the same picture and still wouldn't move on. I turned the camera
    >off - took the SD card out - turned the camera back on and off again -
    >re-inserted the card and turned the camera back on again. The camera worked
    >fine again. (Lexar 256mb card)
    >
    >These problems only occurred once each and I have taken over 400 photos
    >since - any thoughts on what might be causing the problems/was it a blip in
    >the system/should I be greatly concerned?

    I've got a Z10. I've had it hang about three times (over the course of a
    year, 3000+ photos) but switching off and on again was sufficient.

    And while it has no problems with my two Sandisk cards, using my
    Kingston card sometimes produces an "unable to use card" message
    immediately after powering on. Again, switching off and on fixes the
    problem.

    I fear one has to put up with occasional blips. (Until Microsoft gets
    into the camera market, when they will become very common blips.)

    --
    Stephen Poley

    Stephen Poley, Aug 9, 2005

  3. 80/20

    80/20 Guest

    "Stephen Poley" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:22:33 +0100, "80/20"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Whilst on holiday these problems occurred:
    > >
    > >1. When taking a "bracketed" shot the camera froze - the only thing I

    could
    > >do was to take the batteries out and then restart the camera.
    > >2. During playback of still photos the camera stopped moving on to the

    next
    > >image. Turning the camera off was possible, but after turning it back on

    it
    > >went to the same picture and still wouldn't move on. I turned the camera
    > >off - took the SD card out - turned the camera back on and off again -
    > >re-inserted the card and turned the camera back on again. The camera

    worked
    > >fine again. (Lexar 256mb card)
    > >
    > >These problems only occurred once each and I have taken over 400 photos
    > >since - any thoughts on what might be causing the problems/was it a blip

    in
    > >the system/should I be greatly concerned?

    > I've got a Z10. I've had it hang about three times (over the course of a
    > year, 3000+ photos) but switching off and on again was sufficient.
    >
    > And while it has no problems with my two Sandisk cards, using my
    > Kingston card sometimes produces an "unable to use card" message
    > immediately after powering on. Again, switching off and on fixes the
    > problem.
    >
    > I fear one has to put up with occasional blips. (Until Microsoft gets
    > into the camera market, when they will become very common blips.)
    >
    > --
    > Stephen Poley

    Thanks Stephen,

    It appears that blips will occur whatever the equipment!

    Steve

    80/20, Aug 18, 2005