    route, otherwise, they use the broadband.

    T1 drops I screwed, for web/email servers I know this..

    -tim

    Timothy Lang, Nov 25, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Timothy Lang <> wrote:
    :Is there a way with a single PIX 515, with 4 ethernet interfaces to
    :have 2 internet interfaces (one broadband - for my install network and
    :general business use, one Frac T1 - web and email servers), inside
    :interface - Business lan, and a dmz interface - web / email / FTP
    :servers.

    Your question isn't clear as written.

    :I want the T1 to act as a failover for the Broadband connection, but
    :eek:nly for 'outgoing' traffic. So in short, if my broadband drops, my
    :internal users are switched to the T1, as thier default internet
    :route, otherwise, they use the broadband.

    The PIX does not offer a way to fail over to another interface
    on the same PIX based upon external conditions. The PIX does not
    have any way of sensing that an interface has dropped, not even
    that it's -own- interface has dropped [not unless you are using
    a failover pair.]

    The closest you could get would be to use PIX 6.3, and an
    external OSPF routing setup that pushed in different OSPF routes
    when the situation called for it. As you must have a router
    for your T1 [PIX can't talk T1 directly], you might perhaps
    be able to have that as the OSPF server... then you have to figure
    out how to have that router figure out that the broadband
    connection failed.
    --
    Is "meme" descriptive or perscriptive? Does the knowledge that
    memes exist not subtly encourage the creation of more memes?

    Walter Roberson, Nov 25, 2003