    same thing happened. The same one worked and the other did not. The
    drivers are proper and I do not know whyu this is. Any ideas?

    Mick

    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Apr 21, 2004

  2. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Michael Mc Grenaghan" <> wrote in message
    > I have 2 Xerox laser printers. Same model printer. I put one printer
    > on my work computer and it works fine. Plug in the other Xerox printer
    > - exact same model and it will not work. So I took them home and the
    > same thing happened. The same one worked and the other did not. The
    > drivers are proper and I do not know whyu this is. Any ideas?
    >

    > Mick

    One doesn't work.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 21, 2004

  3. On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:37:32 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote:

    >"Michael Mc Grenaghan" <> wrote in message
    >> I have 2 Xerox laser printers. Same model printer. I put one printer
    >> on my work computer and it works fine. Plug in the other Xerox printer
    >> - exact same model and it will not work. So I took them home and the
    >> same thing happened. The same one worked and the other did not. The
    >> drivers are proper and I do not know whyu this is. Any ideas?
    >>

    >> Mick
    >>

    >One doesn't work.

    I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    funny or witty either.

    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away Michael Mc Grenaghan was alleged
    to have said:
    > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:37:32 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    > <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote:
    >

    >>"Michael Mc Grenaghan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have 2 Xerox laser printers. Same model printer. I put one printer
    >>>on my work computer and it works fine. Plug in the other Xerox printer
    >>>- exact same model and it will not work. So I took them home and the
    >>>same thing happened. The same one worked and the other did not. The
    >>>drivers are proper and I do not know whyu this is. Any ideas?
    >>>

    >>>Mick
    >>>

    >>One doesn't work.
    >>

    > I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    > effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    > funny or witty either.

    Yes, but ... have you considered that one may be defective?

    --
    RUDE BABIES & LITTLE PUSSY SPORTSWEAR

    Funny shirts for babies & their moms
    http://www.cafeshops.com/rudebabies

    DT, Apr 21, 2004
  5. On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:24:41 -0500, DT <> wrote:

    >, Once upon a time in a land far away Michael Mc Grenaghan was alleged
    >to have said:
    >> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 20:37:32 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <tmayer541_at_charter.invalid> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Michael Mc Grenaghan" <> wrote in message

    >>>One doesn't work.
    >>>

    >> I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    >> effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    >> funny or witty either.

    >Yes, but ... have you considered that one may be defective?

    Good Point - When I hit the print test page it works fine. Makes all
    the sounds and prints fine. The display on the printer shows
    everything ok but maybe something is wrong inside.
    Thanks for the input.

    Michael Mc Grenaghan, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:24:41 -0500, DT <> wrote:

    >>, Once upon a time in a land far away Michael Mc Grenaghan was alleged
    >>to have said:

    >>> I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    >>> effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    >>> funny or witty either.

    >>Yes, but ... have you considered that one may be defective?

    > Good Point - When I hit the print test page it works fine. Makes all
    > the sounds and prints fine. The display on the printer shows
    > everything ok but maybe something is wrong inside.
    > Thanks for the input.

    So now do you understand why Toolman Tim said that, in the first place,
    which you challenged? The printer may still not work, but you may be a
    little smarter, now. May be.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    The Ugliest Cars (mildly adult) http://snipurl.com/ugliest

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 21, 2004
  7. Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:

    > I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    > effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    > funny or witty either.

    Actually, I found it quite funny. Stating the obvious is a form of "irony."
    Perhaps you're not well acquainted with irony?

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 21, 2004
  8. On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:34:31 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    >Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:
    >
    >> I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    >> effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    >> funny or witty either.

    >Actually, I found it quite funny. Stating the obvious is a form of "irony."
    >Perhaps you're not well acquainted with irony?

    Yeah, Irony......that's what my wife does to my shirts in the morning
    before I go to work. I think.

    Harvey Wallbanger, Apr 21, 2004
  9. Michael Mc Grenaghan spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <>
    > I know I should not bite, but why would he even take the time and
    > effort to reply to a genuine question with that one line? Not even
    > funny or witty either.

    Because you gave no more information than, "one doesn't work".

    For instance, are there any error codes? Have you tried to print a config
    page from the printer menu? If so, did it work?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Apr 21, 2004
  10. Michael Mc Grenaghan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Michael Mc Grenaghan wrote:
    > > On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:24:41 -0500, DT <> wrote:

    > >>, Once upon a time in a land far away Michael Mc Grenaghan was alleged

    printer

    > >>Yes, but ... have you considered that one may be defective?

    > > Good Point - When I hit the print test page it works fine. Makes all
    > > the sounds and prints fine. The display on the printer shows
    > > everything ok but maybe something is wrong inside.
    > > Thanks for the input.

    > So now do you understand why Toolman Tim said that, in the first place,
    > which you challenged? The printer may still not work, but you may be a
    > little smarter, now. May be.

    Thanks, Blinky. But I guess Michael was right - my little attempt at humor
    may have been premature.

    Michael, often times if you get a power surge on the printer cable, your
    printer will have a blown interface. Some of them actually have a fuse
    inside on the interface board. But that's getting rare. The last printer I
    had which had a fuse was an old Epson dot matrix about 10 years ago.
    Replaced the fuse, the parallel interface worked again.

    Does the printer have any other interface connections? My old laser has a
    serial input as well as parallel, and my HP Deskjet has USB/parallel. If you
    have the option, you can try the other hookup.

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 22, 2004