    I mean: definition, sharpness, chromatism, etc.
    thanks

    bye Adriano
    Adriano, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Adriano

    Bill Guest

    If you're referring to DVD computer drives, a standalone drive should have
    no effect upon image quality as it's simply reading digital data. Image
    quality is going to depend upon variables such as your monitor and the type
    of MPEG-2 decoding that your system is using.

    In my own case, I was much happier with a hardware-based MPEG-2 decoder--I
    purchased an ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon card three years ago, partly because
    it included hardware-based MPEG-2 decoding. Once installed, I noticed an
    immediate improvement in sharpness/clarity/smoothness of DVD images.

    Before the Radeon card, I had been using a software-based MPEG-2
    decoder/player, which had been furnished with the Gateway system that I had
    at the time. I wasn't happy with it at all.

    Bill, Jan 25, 2004