    Can this be accomplished through a router\
    or switch?

    Thank You
    Jumper, Feb 25, 2007

  2. Jumper

    philo Guest

    "Jumper" <> wrote in message
    news:mD4Eh.3878$u93.1345@attbi_s21...
    > Is it possible to join two different ISP (DSL) together to make full use
    > on a single computer.
    > The company I started working for has two different ISP companies
    > serving one computer on one side of
    > the building and another computer serving on the other side of the
    > building in a warehouse. One connection is 1g and the other
    > is 2g and I was wonder if there is a way to run both of them to my new
    > computer and utilize both connections for
    > maximum speeds as I will be download a lot of images in my new position.
    > Can this be accomplished through a router\
    > or switch?

    Install a 2nd net card in your machine

    then connect to both networks
    philo, Feb 25, 2007

  3. Jumper

    kraftee Guest

    philo wrote:
    > "Jumper" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to join two different ISP (DSL) together to make
    >> full use on a single computer.
    >> The company I started working for has two different ISP companies
    >> serving one computer on one side of
    >> the building and another computer serving on the other side of the
    >> building in a warehouse. One connection is 1g and the other
    >> is 2g and I was wonder if there is a way to run both of them to my
    >> new computer and utilize both connections for
    >> maximum speeds as I will be download a lot of images in my new
    >> position. Can this be accomplished through a router\
    >> or switch?

    > Install a 2nd net card in your machine
    >
    > then connect to both networks

    <Directed to the OP>
    But it won't give any measurable speed increase. If you wanted to
    bond 2 DSL circuits you will have to have 2 circuits from the same ISP
    & that ISP would have to support bonding (do any nowadays, it's not
    the same as ISDN).

    All you will from doing what you propose to do is effectively put into
    place load sharing, which may give a slight increase in speed (& that
    would require some tweaking as you will need to specify 2 gateways
    etc)
    kraftee, Feb 25, 2007
  4. Jumper

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:20:34 GMT, Jumper wrote:

    >Is it possible to join two different ISP (DSL) together to make full use
    >on a single computer.
    >The company I started working for has two different ISP companies
    >serving one computer on one side of
    >the building and another computer serving on the other side of the
    >building in a warehouse. One connection is 1g and the other
    >is 2g and I was wonder if there is a way to run both of them to my new
    >computer and utilize both connections for

    If it was the same ISP you could maybe look at bonding the links.

    >maximum speeds as I will be download a lot of images in my new position.

    Not perhaps as you expect.

    I seem to recall this has been asked in 24HSHD
    before.

    What you are asking is if you are using 1 application on 1 PC it will
    automagically figure out there are 2 ISP links and request part of the
    download across 1 link and the rest on the other.

    Can you see how that works?

    > Can this be accomplished through a router\
    >or switch?

    A router would allow the ability to direct request across say the 2G
    link, and in case that ISP links goes down it would use the other as a
    backup.

    Most likely to do as you want you would need a smart proxy, load
    balancer. Your PC makes 1 request to the smart box and it does the
    clever bit. However it's still unusual to want part of a file from
    location A and the rest from B and then join them together.

    See the URL above there was a box mentioned before, in 1 of my posts.

    This is why at work we have server clusters, multiple network
    connections, online fail over switches and routers and the very
    expensive application / web load balancers.

    >Thank You

    Me
    why?, Feb 25, 2007
  5. Jumper

    Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:20:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Jumper
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >Is it possible to join two different ISP (DSL) together to make full use
    >on a single computer.
    >The company I started working for has two different ISP companies
    >serving one computer on one side of
    >the building and another computer serving on the other side of the
    >building in a warehouse. One connection is 1g and the other
    >is 2g and I was wonder if there is a way to run both of them to my new
    >computer and utilize both connections for
    >maximum speeds as I will be download a lot of images in my new position.

    You found a job that PAYS you to download pr0n??
    Kewl!

    Frosty, Feb 25, 2007
  6. Jumper

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:20:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Jumper
    > <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    > instead wrote :
    >
    >> Is it possible to join two different ISP (DSL) together to make full
    >> use on a single computer.
    >> The company I started working for has two different ISP companies
    >> serving one computer on one side of
    >> the building and another computer serving on the other side of the
    >> building in a warehouse. One connection is 1g and the other
    >> is 2g and I was wonder if there is a way to run both of them to my
    >> new computer and utilize both connections for
    >> maximum speeds as I will be download a lot of images in my new
    >> position.

    > You found a job that PAYS you to download pr0n??
    > Kewl!

    Watch out, Frosty - your snowballs might melt...
    WhzzKdd, Feb 25, 2007
  7. Jumper

    Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:22:06 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "WhzzKdd" <>, intended to write
    something intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >Frosty wrote:
    >> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:20:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Jumper
    >> <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    >> instead wrote :
    >>
    >>> Is it possible to join two different ISP (DSL) together to make full
    >>> use on a single computer.
    >>> The company I started working for has two different ISP companies
    >>> serving one computer on one side of
    >>> the building and another computer serving on the other side of the
    >>> building in a warehouse. One connection is 1g and the other
    >>> is 2g and I was wonder if there is a way to run both of them to my
    >>> new computer and utilize both connections for
    >>> maximum speeds as I will be download a lot of images in my new
    >>> position.

    >> You found a job that PAYS you to download pr0n??
    >> Kewl!

    >Watch out, Frosty - your snowballs might melt...

    It's not fair...mine melt and yours turn into bubbly, crispy
    deliciousness!

    Frosty, Feb 26, 2007
  8. Jumper

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:22:06 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > "WhzzKdd" <>, intended to write
    > something intelligible, but instead wrote :
    >
    >> Frosty wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:20:34 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Jumper
    >>> <>, intended to write something intelligible, but

    >>> You found a job that PAYS you to download pr0n??
    >>> Kewl!

    >> Watch out, Frosty - your snowballs might melt...
    >>

    > It's not fair...mine melt and yours turn into bubbly, crispy
    > deliciousness!

    Not lately. Been single WAY too long <g>
    WhzzKdd, Feb 26, 2007
  9. Jumper

    Frosty Guest

    On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:23:42 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "WhzzKdd" <>, intended to write
    something intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >Frosty wrote:
    >> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:22:06 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> "WhzzKdd" <>, intended to write
    >> something intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >>> Watch out, Frosty - your snowballs might melt...
    >>>

    >> It's not fair...mine melt and yours turn into bubbly, crispy
    >> deliciousness!

    >Not lately. Been single WAY too long <g>

    I've been married 19 years.
    You know the difference?
    Single guys don't get laid by a variety of women.
    Married guys don't get laid by only one.

    Frosty, Feb 26, 2007
  10. Jumper

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Frosty wrote:
    > On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:23:42 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > "WhzzKdd" <>, intended to write
    > something intelligible, but instead wrote :
    >
    >> Frosty wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:22:06 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >>> It's not fair...mine melt and yours turn into bubbly, crispy
    >>> deliciousness!

    >> Not lately. Been single WAY too long <g>
    >>

    > I've been married 19 years.
    > You know the difference?
    > Single guys don't get laid by a variety of women.
    > Married guys don't get laid by only one.

    LMAO!!! Ain't that the truth!
    WhzzKdd, Feb 26, 2007