    any ideas?

    thanks in advance
    , Apr 26, 2006

  2. writes:
    >I was wondering if its possible to setup 2 DHCP servers in the same Lan
    >but its going to be in 2 different VLANS. How would i separate the dhcp
    >servers to not conflict.

    If there are two different VLANs, there won't be any conflict if there
    are DHCP servers on both?? Traffic from one VLAN can't talk to another
    VLAN without some layer-3 device routing between the two, and DHCP
    won't cross layer-3 without "ip helper".
    Doug McIntyre, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Guest

    It makes sense about DHCP will not be crossing over to the other VLAN
    without the iphelper.
    But would the domain replication pass through to the other domain
    controllers?
    , Apr 27, 2006
  4. Scott Lowe Guest

    On 2006-04-27 11:14:37 -0400, said:

    > It makes sense about DHCP will not be crossing over to the other VLAN
    > without the iphelper.
    > But would the domain replication pass through to the other domain
    > controllers?

    That depends...we'll need to know a lot more about your setup in order
    to answer that. Plus, that's a discussion best reserved for a
    different newsgroup.

    --
    Regards,
    Scott Lowe