2.5 in. disks for USB HDDs

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Nov 1, 2005.

  1. Anyone know of a source of the disks themselves -- locally or off
    shore ? Not interested in the enclosures.
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Nov 1, 2005

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    Mackin_NZ, Nov 1, 2005

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    XPD Guest

    <lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of a source of the disks themselves -- locally or off
    > shore ? Not interested in the enclosures.

    Err...any decent computer store ?
    Personally, Im using my old 5gb HDD from my laptop that died.
    XPD, Nov 1, 2005
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    -=rjh=- Guest

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > Anyone know of a source of the disks themselves -- locally or off
    > shore ? Not interested in the enclosures.

    flashcards.co.nz - a limited range but good prices and excellent
    service. Usually next day delivery. Highly recommended.
    -=rjh=-, Nov 1, 2005
  5. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    cyril Guest

    can vote for flashcards.co.nz, had good service from them for camera
    cards. Next day service and good prices.

    Cyril
    cyril, Nov 1, 2005
  6. Tks for replies :: however I'm not looking for an enclosure with an
    HHD but looking only for the disks.

    Flashcards have replied to my query with a web address that only lists
    enclosures complete with disk, but no stand alone disks.
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Nov 2, 2005
  7. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    -=rjh=- Guest

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > Tks for replies :: however I'm not looking for an enclosure with an
    > HHD but looking only for the disks.
    >
    > Flashcards have replied to my query with a web address that only lists
    > enclosures complete with disk, but no stand alone disks.

    Maybe they misunderstood you - I certainly didn't.

    If you look at their website, you will almost certainly find, under the
    "Laptop Hard Disk Drives" category:

    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/index.php?cPath=55&osCsid=9023487a8c8d4e2be80038596bb8bbd3

    which goes to listings for hard drives - Samsung and Toshiba - 2.5",
    40GB, from $125.00 inc GST and delivery. If you can find a better price,
    or service, I'd like to know.
    -=rjh=-, Nov 2, 2005
  8. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Martin Guest

    try pricespy.co.nz

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz/c_485.html?d=3309

    Found "Fujitsu 80GB Notebook 4200rpm Hard Drive" ($135.11 excluding gst).

    Martin, Nov 2, 2005