    line...

    BB
    NZ

    BB, Feb 28, 2006

  2. BB

    Dodger Guest

    BB wrote:
    > Hiya,
    >
    > can anyone tell me why my USB2 2.5" HDD caddie comes with a USB power cable?
    >
    > Everything I've plugged it into has been able to power it over the USB data
    > line...
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    Some laptops are unable to power the drives.
    I had no problems when I was running an old 6GB drive in my caddie,
    but once I moved to a 40GB drive I found a few systems that didn't like. it.

    90% of systems seem fine without the power adapter

    Dodger, Feb 28, 2006

  3. BB

    Nova Guest

    BB wrote:
    > Hiya,
    >
    > can anyone tell me why my USB2 2.5" HDD caddie comes with a USB power cable?
    >
    > Everything I've plugged it into has been able to power it over the USB data
    > line...
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    Some laptops won't provide enough power and plenty of desktops won't
    provide enough power to front usb ports

    Nova, Feb 28, 2006