2.4GHz USB Dongle for Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Harold A Climer, Mar 19, 2013.

  1. About 2 years ago I bought two Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Explorer
    mice for my Windows 7 Pro computers. One for my home and one for my
    office.
    While cleaning my home computer I damaged the USB wireless adapter and
    the mouse quit working.
    I took the wireless adapter home from my office computer and the mouse
    at home still works OK. I guess it is the wireless adapter that is not
    working.
    Is there a generic Wireless Adapter that may be bought, that will
    work?
    I have seen several advertised on Ebay,but I do not know if they work
    with my particular mouse.
    I have even seen the 1362 advertised on Amazon: New at $100.00 and
    used at much lower prices.(A bit much)
    Most of my searches hit on wireless adapters for a Home Network,not
    mice or other devices.
    It is like losing one shoe;not much use.
    Harold A Climer
    Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
    U.T Chattanooga
    Room 223 Grote Hall
    615 McCallie Ave
    Chattanooga TN 37403
    Harold A Climer, Mar 19, 2013

  2. Harold A Climer

    Rob Guest

    On 19/03/2013 20:02, Harold A Climer wrote:
    > About 2 years ago I bought two Microsoft Model 1362 Wireless Explorer
    > mice for my Windows 7 Pro computers. One for my home and one for my
    > office.
    > While cleaning my home computer I damaged the USB wireless adapter and
    > the mouse quit working.
    > I took the wireless adapter home from my office computer and the mouse
    > at home still works OK. I guess it is the wireless adapter that is not
    > working.
    > Is there a generic Wireless Adapter that may be bought, that will
    > work?
    > I have seen several advertised on Ebay,but I do not know if they work
    > with my particular mouse.
    > I have even seen the 1362 advertised on Amazon: New at $100.00 and
    > used at much lower prices.(A bit much)
    > Most of my searches hit on wireless adapters for a Home Network,not
    > mice or other devices.
    > It is like losing one shoe;not much use.
    > Harold A Climer
    > Dept.Of Physics,Geology,and Astronomy
    > U.T Chattanooga
    > Room 223 Grote Hall
    > 615 McCallie Ave
    > Chattanooga TN 37403

    Unlikely that any other USB wireless dongle will work, other than a
    Microsoft 1362 one, due to internal coding (to prevent interference
    with other 2.4GHz devices.) It's a shame it isn't a bluetooth
    mouse, as you could have used a generic bluetooth USB dongle and
    then 'paired' it with the mouse.
    Personally, I'd just dump it and buy a new wireless mouse - they
    are very inexpensive these days.
    --
    Rob
    Rob, Mar 20, 2013

  3. Maybe you can get in contact with someone who has a
    broken mouse and an OK wireless adapter, but I'm
    not sure how. It's not the sort of thing that
    you go online to discuss - well, I suppose you
    /have/, but... well, anyway, last time I bought a
    Bluetooth one; no adapter needed. But some of those
    ones are flakey, too.

    Actually, the one I had before that is a Targus;
    the plastic of one of the buttons is broken, but
    the wireless works okay. Probably not any good
    to you, though. Unless you're left-handed and
    can use the other button...
    Robert Carnegie, Mar 21, 2013