    1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then reinstall
    1.5xx?

    If uninstall necessary, need to save my prefs and profile?
    SG, Dec 24, 2006

  2. SG

    C.R. Guest

    On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:52:30 -0600, "SG" <>
    wrote:

    >...on my system---------will have to wait for PC upgrade later, will
    >1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then reinstall
    >1.5xx?

    .... "too slow" how? I didn't notice any slowdown in loading pages
    when I upgraded to v 2.0 (system includes an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and 1
    gig of RAM). What I am aware of is that AVG Antivirus (which I use)
    slows EVERYthing way down when an application first loads (including
    Firefox). Is there any chance you have something (e.g. antivirus or
    spyware checker) that's slowing down the actual loading of the
    browser?

    C.R.
    C.R., Dec 24, 2006

  3. On 12/24/2006 11:52 AM, SG wrote:
    > ....on my system---------will have to wait for PC upgrade later, will
    > 1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then reinstall
    > 1.5xx?
    >
    > If uninstall necessary, need to save my prefs and profile?

    Uninstall FF 2.0 and wipe the application folder before installing FF 1.5.

    Your preferences and profile should be unaffected.

    Good luck.

    --

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/
    Mumia W. (on aioe), Dec 24, 2006
  4. On 2006-12-24, SG <> wrote:

    > ...on my system---------will have to wait for PC upgrade later, will
    > 1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then reinstall
    > 1.5xx?

    Too slow? I suspect something else is causing this. I run Firefox-2 on
    an IBM Thinkpad-240 (400mHz Celeron; 192MB RAM) and noticed no
    performance degradation when updating from 1.5.0.8.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 25, 2006
  5. SG

    SG Guest

    "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    > On 2006-12-24, SG <> wrote:
    >
    > > ...on my system---------will have to wait for PC upgrade later, will
    > > 1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then

    reinstall
    > > 1.5xx?

    > Too slow? I suspect something else is causing this. I run Firefox-2 on
    > an IBM Thinkpad-240 (400mHz Celeron; 192MB RAM) and noticed no
    > performance degradation when updating from 1.5.0.8.

    I don't know, but I reverted back and pages load almost instant again. 2
    was like going back to IE waiting for pages to load.
    SG, Dec 25, 2006
  6. SG

    Doug G Guest

    SG wrote:
    > "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote in message
    >> On 2006-12-24, SG <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > ...on my system---------will have to wait for PC upgrade later, will
    >> > 1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then

    > reinstall
    >> > 1.5xx?

    >> Too slow? I suspect something else is causing this. I run Firefox-2 on
    >> an IBM Thinkpad-240 (400mHz Celeron; 192MB RAM) and noticed no
    >> performance degradation when updating from 1.5.0.8.
    >>

    > I don't know, but I reverted back and pages load almost instant again. 2
    > was like going back to IE waiting for pages to load.

    For me, Comcast had problems loading web sites yesterday morning.
    Doug G, Dec 25, 2006
  7. SG

    Crizz Guest

    C.R. wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:52:30 -0600, "SG" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> ...on my system---------will have to wait for PC upgrade later, will
    >> 1.5.0.9 install over 2.0 or do I need to uninstall first then reinstall
    >> 1.5xx?

    > ... "too slow" how? I didn't notice any slowdown in loading pages
    > when I upgraded to v 2.0 (system includes an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ and 1

    My PC has about half your processing power and 25% of the RAM capacity, and I didn't notice any slowdown at all running FF 2.0 :)

    I also use AVG AntiVirus and that doesn't seem to have any slowdown here either, but that's another story :)
    Crizz, Dec 25, 2006